Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Funny Story... Not so Funny Story

Okay, so I just got back from class. Funny story: we did end up getting assigned grades for those symbols. So the book translates to a 97. And the clock (which, if you remember, meant little to no understanding) was an 89. Which is a very high B by the way. The not so funny story? Well, I totally failed the literature review. In fact, I got zero points. I guess that's what I get for using an old paper to fulfill a different kind of assignment. Yikes. Thankfully she's going to let me revise it and re-submit it. I don't really know where I'll find the time. However, I guess I will have to. And I think there really is something to the saying of "It's better to do it right than do it again." Ugh. So, I think I'm out of her good graces once again. However, I don't think I'm the only one who got zero points (although this is still a personal low for me). And of the people who got points, several did not get many points. So yikes.

Other than that, there was no excitement. I'm rather bummed about having to do that project again, but I need the points. At least some of the points.

Oh yeah, so we have a candle at the apartment that is supposed to smell like papaya. So I picked it up and smelled it. I'll just say that whoever made it has never smelled a real papaya. Because the candle smelled pretty good. And (Julie, don't read this) real papaya smells like vomit when you cut it open. Ick.

Okay, so I know this is very brief. But I really don't have much to report. And in the interest of getting some work done, I think I'd better just leave this one short, sweet, and simple. With the promise of having a more interesting post tomorrow :).

5 comments:

Kristy said...

I didn't know how to leave a comment on the guess the movie quote, so I'm writting it here. It was an easy one... Dirty Dancing. My sisters and I loved to play guess the movie quotes on long drives in the car as kids. We've got all the chic flicks down cold. Great Idea to have on your blog, it's fun.

Virginia said...

I was reading along thinking WHY would ANYONE buy a papaya sented candle - I think they smell like cat poop - but papaya juice can do amazing things for an angry stomach (I had to hold my nose to get it down though).

The Silverback said...

Vomit?!! I love papaya. I never really thought that before, but you're right, it does have an odd smell....but vomit?!? I'm not sure...

Nilla said...

Okay, well, that smell is what I recall papaya smells like. But it's been over 10 years since I've smelled a freshly cut just picked papaya. So maybe my recollection is faulty ;).

The Silverback said...

Here's another thought about a papaya....the baby ones bought here in the US are NOT the same as the delicious, ripe papaya's grown in Panama. You have to get one ripe from the market. Yum. And then have the papaya made into a chicha (drink). THAT is a real papaya. It's about the same as getting real ripe bananas from the Chinese market in Margarita! Now those are good bananas!!!