Saturday, July 3, 2010

Musical Memories

I find it so amazing how music really stays with us. I don't know about you, but I remember lyrics for songs I haven't heard in 10 years or more. And then I hear it one day and I can sing it word for word. Music is a powerful thing. Not only to do I remember song lyrics, but whenever I hear certain songs, they remind me of a time, a place, or a person. I have very clear memories attached to some songs. So for kicks I have a list of dates. The dates link to a song and represent the year that is attached to that song in my memory. And perhaps that song will be significant to you too. Enjoy a partial soundtrack of the Nilla Life.

1992

1993

1995

1995

1998

1999

1999

1999

2002

2003

2006

2007

2008

2008

5 comments:

juliebean said...

dominick the donkey? You are a strange girl. I bet there is a funny story behind that. You did not give a little synopsis of what is special about those songs... Makes me wonder what is special about the donkey. :)

juliebean said...

Come a little bit closer..... your my kind of man... so big and so strong!!!!!!!!!!! I LOVE that song. It makes me laugh and dance... in that order. :)

juliebean said...

I have the movie... goonies

Anonymous said...

1993 so reminds me of you and many a canasta games!...I do believe I was in your life during that time period:)

Nilla said...

I do believe you are right! Canasta is exactly the memory that comes to mind every time I hear that song!

And for curious minds (if there are any other than Julie, who already knows the answer ;)), the donkey song reminds me of my 2007 trip to NJ, NY, and DC with my cousin Elka -- where I heard that song on the radio on the way from the Philly airport and thought it was hilarious!