Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Golden Nuggets

I had a song title all worked out. Until I remembered that I used it for a lunar eclipse back in my Tuscaloosa days. Oh well. If I think of something before the end of the post, I'll use it. If not, I'll have to still come up with a title -- song title or not.

What a day! I'm tired. And I'm dreading having to leave the house no later than 7:30 to drive to where I have to go for PREPARE training. Which is just a way of saying "giving you ammunition against difficult patrons." So that'll be my tomorrow. Yay! But my today was pretty darn fun.

Yes, I did the regular stuff like going to both jobs and working. Nothing new and exciting in either case. After work, I went out and took a picture of my biggest cucumber! I know it doesn't look that big, but it's growing like gangbusters! And it's exciting in my little world :). I also took a picture of my netting that is now covering my strawberries so that I might actually get to enjoy at least one :).
Then I came in and got a shower and then headed over to Lea's to pick her up. Because she and I went to see Eclipse. For the first time. I know so many of you have already seen it in the multiples. But I let the crowds die down :). It was fun and we enjoyed the movie. I still prefer Jacob's character over Edward's. I just do. Sorry Stacy ;).

So Lea and I get to the theatre and we get our tickets. We go inside, and Lea has old gift cards for the movie theatre, and we have decided we are going to have nachos for dinner. Well, apparently I haven't bought movie theatre food in ages. Because it almost knocked me over what the prices were! YIKES!!! In the end, we each got nachos and a white cherry slushee. And our grand total was $24.00. I mean, for real? For chips, cheese, and flavored ice!?! Then the cashier lady was like, "Do you want any candy with it?" I wonder if my facial expression was enough to answer her question. I'm cheap, people. I don't believe in paying more for chips, cheese, and flavored ice than what it cost for the movie. Hahahaha. We discussed this all the way into the theatre. And I took a picture of what $24 looks like, just for your benefit. I told Lea, "This is going on the blog!" The theatre was completely empty when we got in there. So we got some good seats right smack dab in the middle. And then we chronicled our girlie night with a photo shoot of sorts. None of the attempts were charming. But we'll go with the last one. It was fun, though. We just giggled and laughed. Way fun. And then someone else finally came in there. But seriously... On a Wednesday night about 3 weeks or so after the movie first came out, there wasn't a big crowd. There were seats everywhere. And then this couple comes in and plops themselves down at the end of our row -- two seats away from us. Lea and I looked at each other and muttered the same thing: "It's not like they didn't have the whole theatre to choose from." And then we laughed, and I said, "This is why we are friends: we think the same mean thoughts." Hahaha. But seriously. Empty theatre, and you're going to opt to sit 2 seats away from strangers? Weirdos! So we laughed at the girls who clapped in the movie. And on the way home, I told Lea that I better be pooping gold from the price of those nachos! Hahaha... Gives a whole knew meaning to the idea of panning for gold, doesn't it (hence my title, which I just thought up and is making me laugh way more than any song title post could. I'm twisted) ;)? Hahahaha. Lea laughed when I said that and she said, "I think that slushee was too much sugar for you!" So enjoy our pictures (including the $24 nachos -- yes, I still can't get over it). On the up-side, neither of us actually paid for those nachos. Some kind person who gave her kids gift cards that they never used paid for them. But next time I'm just driving up the road a bit further, having Target's $2.00 nachos, and then going in to see the movie. 'Cuz I'm cheap like that.

4 comments:

the happy thomas family said...

so --- i'm curious. your movie quote is a direct quotation from 'twilight'. is it in the movie, also, though?

the happy thomas family said...

okay ... i'm being slandered again! just kidding. though, let me say: i like jacob, i do. but - being an incredibly old soul - edward appeals to me *more*. key word = *more*. i like them both, i do. i love jacob *too*, but - like bella - not enough. each time i read the books - i find new things about jacob that i like and/or admire. however, the same goes for edward. case in point: the book jacob is different than the movie jacob. the movies do not showcase his motives. my opinion. also - i could care less what they *look* like. BUT - i do not hate jacob. i just can't. not anymore. i don't think i ever really did HATE him - i just rebelled against the idea that i could like them *both*. i've found - through several readings - that it isn't a black and white issue. not for me. i have personal reasons that make me feel the way that i do - things that expand way past forks. but - let's clear the air - they're both winning teams. they're both good and beautiful in their own ways. and while i'm not a 'team switzerland' type of gal ... jacob isn't bad. though, jasper is my main man right now ...

sorry for the soapbox rant. love you ... and i'm glad you liked the movie. :)

Nilla said...

Dear Stacy ;) -- I was just giving you a hard time. Truth is, I can't remember all the details in the books, so I can't remember Jacoob's motives. I can remember that something in the 3rd book soured me toward Jacob, but I still can't remember what it was. My friend Lea is also Team Edward, so I don't really mind ;). I just wanted to let you know I'm thinking of you! Love you!

the happy thomas family said...

i know ... i'm kidding. but - i have had several people today make similar comments about the edward business. it's just funny that they always think of me! but - i stand by what i mentioned in the previous comment. i will admit to really disliking jacob when i first read the series. but i didn't really know why. now i do. and i also find - now - that i like him. certain moments, anyway. here's to hoping you can make it our eclipse party ... where we will, no doubt, be discussing this further :) . love you so much.