Thursday, July 8, 2010

Blasphemy, I Tell You!

For the record... Temperatures in the 90s in Washington State (at least the part I'm in) is blasphemy! Today, while waiting to pee in a cup for my random drug test for the funeral home (how fun is that sentence?), I heard over the radio that we shattered the high temperature for this date, which was, up until today, 87 degrees set in 1985. Today we hit 91 in some places. I saw billboards that said it was 93. Whatever. The numbers were ugly. Ew.

Also, peeing in a cup is not a lot of fun. And they are so precise: you must rinse your hands before you pee, but you cannot use soap at that point. You may put your purse in that white box and lock it, and you can hold on to the key. Okay people, I'm wishing I'd have thought that one through a bit. After my experience of peeing in the cup and not being allowed to wash my hands until I leave the bathroom and they tell me I can, I'm thinking that stupid lockbox key is probably not the cleanest thing in the world. Ick. Gag. Gross. What was particularly funny to me was that they had posted on the walls ways for males and females to collect their urine specimens. Anyway, that is done. Hopefully I won't be getting another one of those any time soon.

Tomorrow I will be enjoying some time in the dentist chair. Okay, so perhas "enjoying" is a bit of a lie. But at any rate, I get to go and start the process of getting a new crown on my one tooth. Yay!

My mom and I have started planning our trip down the Oregon Coast. Now that I am almost out of my 6-month probation period at the library, I can take leave time. And so I am. We are going to definitely hit Astoria, OR. And for all of you 80s fans out there... That is where they filmed a lot of The Goonies!!! Also Short Circuit and Kindergarten Cop. And while those are cool movies as well... Well, The Goonies just tops them 100%. I will be looking for landmarks from the movie on the internet. If anyone finds any, let me know :). I'm pretty excited about it. We also plan to hit Tillamook, OR where we will go to the Tillamook Dairy Plant or whatever. All I know is that they are rumored to have an amazing grilled cheese sandwich. And we all know my affinity for cheese...

Well that's that. Tomorrow is supposed to start cooling down. And so hopefully Lea and I will walk.

No comments: