Monday, July 19, 2010

Down... Like a Roller Coaster

I grew up on this song. I know a lot of the "oldies." And I love them. So have a listen. And enjoy.

I've said it before, but I'll say it again: life really is like a roller coaster with its ups and downs.

I sometimes ponder a lot of things. And recently, I have pondered the idea that there must be opposition in all things. It makes sense, really. Because could we really know the good without the bad? Or the happy without the sad? The automatic response is, "Yes." But when I have pondered it, I have realized that the answer is no. Without the existence of sadness or anger, we might experience happiness -- but I don't think we would actually be able to identify it as such. We would just be in whatever state we were in. Like robots. How interesting to note that all these things will give me experience and be for my good. Not just the good things. Not just the bad things. But all of these things. Because I need them all to grow and to learn and to experience. Even if it's not the most pleasant of times.

Yes, life is like a roller coaster. Full of ups and downs. And sometimes it's exciting and fun.

But sometimes it makes me want to hurl.

2 comments:

juliebean said...

Sometimes you hurl whether you want to or not..........like when life does a sudden drop.

juliebean said...

I still don't totally agree with your epiphany about good and bad....

You need to put up some movie quotes i know.. I have never seen the twilight movies!!!!!!! Or apparently the movie this week. :(