Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Tomatoes and a Bit More

Time to do a tomato update!!! Woohoo! The first picture is from about 4 days ago. The other two I just took tonight. They have been growing for 31 days now. I learned a very important lesson yesterday when I came home from work and saw about 4 or 5 of the taller plants laying down. Poor babies. Turns out you have to increase how much water you give the tomato plants as they get bigger ;). Which yes, is probably very obvious. But still, I'm just learning... So I watered them as my mom suggested, and within an hour, they were all standing up and healthy again! And so now I will be watering them daily instead of every other day. I am very excited to see them continue to grow. It is amazing to think back to the first sprout and see how much they have grown since then. It's practically imperceptable from day to day, but over 4 1/2 weeks, it's just amazing how they have grown!

With the weather we had Monday, the cold settled back in. We even had icy windshields today. But today was clear and pretty, so that was nice. Though by the time Wendy and I walked, it was starting to get overcast again and the wind was really blowing! But we still got in about 6 or 7 laps and some fun conversation :).

My dad just got back from Panama, and he bought me platanitos while he was there, so I'm pretty excited about getting those! Woohoo!

I have a pretty dull life other than those things, though. I'm currently watching episodes of the 10th season of Frasier so I can turn this season in tomorrow. It was technically due today, but they will back-date it tomorrow when they check it in. This way I get to watch the whole season :). And then I have seasons 3 and 4 checked out too, so I will have to start on those, since they are due next week! And then I won't be borrowing anymore for a while. It's simply taking up too much of my time ;).

No comments: