Sunday, March 28, 2010

A Life So Ordinary

So I have now completed the transplanting of my tomato plants. Actually I finished that project up on Friday evening with the help of my wonderful mom who is always willing to help me :). Turns out, in the end, I have 63 plants! Phew! So I've been telling all sorts of people about them and telling them if they want a couple to let me know, because I'm just giving them away :)! I figure I can keep and plant 10 of them and that will be plenty sufficient. If we have a huge surplus of tomatoes, we are going to make and can our own spaghetti sauce. It might be fun to do salsa too, since then we can have salsa for various recipes we use every so often. So that's my tomato news for you.

For the most part I have pretty much just been working. Sameold sameold :). However, there has been room for fun! I walked with Wendy a couple of times last week. We have very enjoyable conversations that really help the walks to go by quickly. Then Friday night I went to Heidi's and we enjoyed pizza and sodas while watching the very cute chick flick The Proposal. I'd been wanting to see that one, and she had it, so we watched that. Then we proceeded to gab for two hours until 11:30 when I finally said I had to leave, because I had to work the next morning.

Oh yeah, and now I'm a Sunday School teacher for 12 and 13 year olds. I haven't taught yet, my first lesson will be next week. I have never pictured myself as a teacher. I admire teachers who are able to grasp a class's attention and really teach. I hope I can do at least a little bit of that.

And I finally finished While My Pretty One Sleeps. And then I forgot the next book I was going to read at home, so I didn't have it with me to read on my break (and I hadn't started it yet), so I ended up checking out a different book I'd been wanting to try out. It's a re-telling of the Cinderella story. There is a YA author who has written several books all based on the the fairy tales, and I thought they looked neat. Plus if they are clean (and it seems they are) and a good read, it gives me another set of books to recommend to Alysha when she's looking for stuff to read. Of course, this doesn't bode well for whittling down my "to read" list ;). Hahahaha... The plight of the public librarian!

And so I shall close for now. I am tired. So I will work on reading a bit of Before Midnight and then get some sleep so I can start again tomorrow :).

No comments: