Sunday, March 14, 2010

Some Days I Hate Technology

We are trying to go wireless at our house. It will be wonderfully convenient for me to be able to connect to the internet wirelessly with my laptop. Right now, for some reason, I can't even connect to the internet with the wire plugged in. Anyway, a friend gave us a router. We figured this was great, because then we wouldn't have to buy one. Yeah, that's not looking promising. We can't get it to install correctly or something. It's still "remembering" the old information, and so we have to have the old key to log-in to it. And though we have that key, it still isn't working. So I'm annoyed. And there are about a million wires involved in computers. And they all get tangled up. So my patience has pretty much worn out. I'm going to ask the person who gave us the router if we are keying in the key correctly (because we see that we have a signal and that the computers (both mine and my mom's) are recognizing the router), and if we are, then I guess the next step is to give up and buy one from scratch. Grrr. These things are supposed to be idiot-proof, so I'm thinking this must make me below the rank of idiot ;). So maybe dummer than dirt? Hahahaha... Okay, I'm done with that rant. I am seriously technologically challenged.

For the sake of laughter and irony, I'm not going to fix the spelling of "dummer". Yes, I seriously wrote it that way on accident. I was proof-reading it after I posted it and found that lovely mistake. But since I was describing myself as dumber than dirt, I think I'll leave it and bask in its irony.

Update: I continued working on it and finally read something that said I could re-set the factory settings on the router. And it told me how to do it. So I did. And voila! We had success! And so now, I am sitting upstairs at the dinner table, eating dinner, watching Frasier on DVD with my mom and Grandma, and updating my blog! Woohoo! I am way excited. I remain technologically stunted, but maybe I'm not quite "dummer" than dirt ;). Oh, and a huge thanks to Kira and Ben who always volunteer to help with computer questions and issues! You guys are awesome!

1 comment:

jessica said...

I was going to say reset the router, but you got it all figured out. Will has had to do that a number of times to the ones we have had. I'm glad it all worked out. What a wonderful, wireless world!