Monday, March 29, 2010

Rainy Days and Mondays

Ah yes, a song title post. A depressing one. Blah. Today was a Monday. And it was horribly rainy, even by Washington standards. So that's a double whammy according to this song! Yes, it was a Monday today. Mondays have a reputation, and today did not disappoint (well, it disappointed me, but not its reputation...)

It hailed in Washington. I don't think this is a frequent event here. I happened to be out eating lunch during this part of the storm. The temperature dropped considerably over night, and it was very windy all day. For the first time in a long time, I really wished I could've just stayed home in bed.

Several things rubbed me the wrong way at work today. But part of life is just letting go and moving on. So I put in my headphones for most of the day and attempted to do just that.

I was supposed to hang out with my sister and the girls tonight. It's been a few weeks since I've seen them, so we had planned to do this. Well, instead we got into an argument about an hour and a half before I was supposed to go over, so that whole plan got nixed.

I realized about halfway through the day that today would have been my 7th anniversary. It seems no matter how much you move on, sometimes things do still bring you back. And a realization such as that is one of them. That just seemed like the cherry on top of a rather cruddy day.

I realize that these short snippets don't seem all that bad. And it certainly wasn't the worst day I've ever had. But it wasn't one I'd put on my list to re-visit, if you know what I mean. And I'm sure I can attribute at least some of my mood to hormones. Darn hormones.

And because today wasn't a total bust, and I feel the need to find the blessings in the dark moments...

I walked with Sue today. Bob brought me those chocolate peanut butter bars from Little Debbie for dessert, just to be nice. Bob and I finished both cross-word puzzles in the paper! I've lost some weight. Nothing phenomenal, but my clothes are fitting nicer. My tomato plants are still growing nicely. And the day's almost over, and tomorrow is a new day. :). It will be better. Can't know the sweet without knowing the bitter, right?

4 comments:

Elizabeth said...

Fifty First Dates.

Elizabeth said...

Ugh, I hate those days...I am so sorry that it was such a cruddy day! Here's to hoping that Tuesday brings brighter skies, warmer air, lovely memories, and forgiving families...

...or at the very least, some really smooth and yummy chocolate...:)

Katherine Ronachert said...

i just love crappy days. i usually consume tons of chocolate (no exaggeration i'm using tons as in weight, not just a figure of speech. next time we can do it together, k?)

Nilla said...

Oh Elka... How do I miss thee? Let me count the ways ;)!!

And Elizabeth :)... Thanks for the good wishes! Tuesday was better on pretty much all fronts ;).