Thursday, January 28, 2010

Suddenly Red and Blue Lights Flashed [Me] From Behind

Well, tonight, for the second time ever as the driver, I got pulled over. Blech. And to commemorate the occasion on my blog, you can listen to one of my favorite songs ever -- that also has great memories behind it :).

I was on my way back from Wal-Mart, where I went and talked to my friend Heidi about my taxes. And good news... Everything checks out. Which means I'm getting a laptop. Soon. Woohoo!

Anyway, and I was just crusin' down the road. Kind of zoning out mentally and thinking of other stuff. And then I saw the blue lights, flash me from behind... My heart was just pounding like crazy. I thought I was getting pulled over for speeding. Because I think I was. I had just simply zoned out and was driving on auto-pilot. Not that I was speeding really badly. Just a little. But it ended up being that my passenger headlight is out. So, I will be getting the bulb tomorrow and getting it fixed. Funny thing is that the cop's at my window and I am apologizing because my windows don't roll down all the way (which I told you about before, when I discussed my fear of my car going in the water...). He was like, "It's okay. Did you know your headlight is out?" Well, no, officer, I didn't... Phew. Dodged that speeding bullet (no pun intended ;)). Took me a few moments to calm down afterwards. And that's the news of my day.

4 comments:

Kira =] said...

LOVE the song!!!

Even if I KNOW i'm not speeding, my heart still races and I instinctively down shift to lower my speed. I never tap the breaks cause that's a dead giveaway for speeding. =]

Christina said...

Haha. I'm sorry that happened to you, but at least you didn't get a ticket. Yay about you getting your laptop. :) Kira, such a rebel. :P

wilkinson family said...

lol, i so totally agree with kira

wilkinson family said...

OMG, we were in germany when this came out, i so totally loved it and still do. i think '97? around the time my oldest was born. lol