Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Bowled Under

So as I mentioned before... I went bowling this past Saturday with several ladies from church. Let's just say I'm not a stellar bowler. I didn't break 100 on either game. How sad! I think only one person broke 100, and one person got exactly 100 on one game each. All in all we aren't terribly great bowlers, but we have lots of fun :). My two scores were 94 and 96. At least I was improving, right :)!? A couple more games and even I might have gotten 100! Anyway, here's a picture of us... And the reason for the bowling balls in the shirts on some of the ladies is that Kristin (the blonde holding 2 bowling balls) is something like 5 months pregnant! She's so funny. She's the Relief Society President in our Ward. Anyway, fun was had by all. It's always nice to just get out and hang with the ladies and do something different.

Going bowling made me think of Junior High School in Panama. For several weeks, at least in 8th grade, we had bowling as one of our gym classes. We boarded a bus every day for those weeks and went to the Curundu Bowling Alley. With going as often as we did, I actually got pretty decent. I never bowled a perfect game, but I think I might have broken 200 a time or two. Plus we had to learn how to score by hand. Now it's a lost art, because the computers score for you. On Saturday, we didn't even get to put our own names into the machine! They did it for us at the desk when we got our shoes. I guess everything gets more and more automated these days. But anyway, yeah. It was fun to think about those days in Jr. High when we went bowling. And the best part? Not having to dress out, since bowling doesn't really cause you to work up a sweat :).

Today we didn't have any rain!!! Woohoo! It was actually a really pretty day. Clear skies for the first time in days and days. With sunshine. Who knew you could miss the sunshine so much?

I finished Al Capone Shines My Shoes last night and have started on Ender's Game. I'm not far into it (like 3 chapters), but so far it's pretty good. I'm loving my reading time, though I don't think I'll be getting any tonight, since it's already 1 a.m. and I'm tired. That's what happens when you spend 2 hours talking on the phone, though... I'm so chatty.

Today at work, Mary, Sue, and I quoted from French Kiss. That's a cute and hilarious little movie. We were laughing so hard as we quoted that we got in a bit of trouble. Because we get loud. Sometimes they can hear us upstairs...

So, I got my two $25 gift cards to Best Buy in the mail on Saturday (the ones that I got as a reward for using my credit card). I promptly went to Best Buy to see if they had the good sales on the stuff I want to buy. Not so much. And then I went back today to see if that has changed with a new week... Not so much. So, I wait. There are some areas of life where I can have patience.... Now to cultivate that virtue in other areas of my life... I'll let you know how that goes :).

On Thursday, we have another Rewards and Recognition dinner at work. It's always somewhere in Seattle. I might go. I might not. Depends on who is going. If nobody fun is going, I'll probably skip it. I'm sure I can find other things to do with my time... like read :).

Yep, so I guess that's it. Just thought I'd throw up the picture from the bowling alley :).

3 comments:

Kira =] said...

Bowling is tons of fun! Looks like you guys had a blast. Maybe we should try that again. =]

Unknown said...

"If nobody fun is going, I'll probably skip it. I'm sure I can find other things to do with my time... like read" haha....this sounds like something I would say!

Katherine Ronachert said...

man, i don't think i've ever broken 90!?