Friday, January 22, 2010

Broken Commitments

I was going to blog about our Rewards and Recognition banquet that I attended last night for work. But now I'm just so angry that I don't feel like it.

I don't even know if angry is the right word. Or maybe it is the right word, but maybe it is an appendage emotion I feel as a result of other feelings.

Like betrayal.

I feel betrayed. I feel like so much of my current state of affairs is a direct result of broken commitments. Yes, there are parts of my situation that are a result of choices I made. But some of those choices were made based on commitments and promises. And so what do you do when you find yourself trapped in a situation that sucks, and the bottom line is that a large part of its occurence is based on something you yourself had no control over? It is based on a commitment someone made to you and then broke. What do you do?

I feel trapped. And angry. Betrayed. And hurt.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Aww, I am sorry you are upset. I hope you wake up today feeling better. But I do think it is good to let it out and get it off your chest (or blog it out:)).

Call me this weekend if you want to talk. **hugs**

the happy thomas family said...

love you .....

Katherine Ronachert said...

why, sweet vaNILLA? i love you!