Thursday, May 1, 2008

My Chef-Like Friend

So I thought I'd finish up that wonderful book last night, since I got off work at 3:30 and figured I'd have some portion of the night to finish reading. Not so.

I talked to Stefanie when I got home, got a load of clothes in the washer. Snacked on some Cheez-it Duos (two flavors in one box -- I believe this is the new trend -- queso blanco and salsa something or other). Stefanie bought these for me, because she ate my off-brand ritz crackers and felt guilty, so she bought me these. I don't know why she doesn't believe me that I don't care if she eats my food. I bought those crackers to go with the cheeseball I made to bring to work for a student party. They will probably go stale if someone doesn't eat them! And drank Kool-Aid. Because I can. And it's cheap. Haha.... Hey, I drink water all the rest of the time :). Although I will admit I have to wonder at the wisdom in ingesting red Kool-Aid that, when you touch the packet of dry powder, the red starts to soak through the packet and onto your fingers. Gotta wonder what it's doing to my insides. Eh... My insides are already redd-ish, right? So, as long as I don't start drinking green Kool-Aid, I should be good to go, right :)?

Anyway, so then I went walking with the other Strive for Fivers. Annie and I walked fast and finished first. Woohoo! Go us! After walking, I went over to Virginia's, since she invited me to eat with her. So, she and I and Bro. and Sis. Knight from church ate chicken and spinich rotini alfredo. And brocolli with cheese. And garlic bread. And it was delicious! Virginia has a knack for throwing a bunch of stuff together and it turning out well. I'd have never thought to throw a bag of spinach leaves in with alfredo sauce and chicken! I am so not creative. I have to have a recipe in front of me. Or get ideas from someone else... Oh, and we finished up the lovely meal (darn it, now I'm craving some garlic bread) with two kinds of ice cream. Well, one was frozen yogurt, but it's sooo good, you'd swear it was ice cream. It's Black Jack Cherry (also, Publix also has a frozen mint cookie one that is out of this world good). The other kind was the bad-for-you kind. Chocolate Trinity. But really, it was quite good. :).

8 comments:

Katherine Ronachert said...

mmmm
loving me some garlic bread! i might have to buy some!
ps
found a halfway decent pizza place here.

Katherine Ronachert said...

that's how i make alfredo healthy. it's so sad to have to sneak veggies into our food!

Nilla said...

So, do you have a way to make Kool-Aid healthy :)? Glad you found a good pizza place... always an important thing to have :).

Katherine Ronachert said...

yes, there are several ways,
first, omit the kool aid from the kool aid. you will be left with a satisfying drink.
second, drink kool aid in less than a minute. all foods and drinks consumed at such a past becomes fat free. (for foods make it less than five unless you want to involuntarily see it again.)

Nilla said...

Personally, I like your theory in #2. I think I should apply that to my life's philosophies :). Hahaha.... ANd then you can just roll me everywhere I need to go ;).

Katherine Ronachert said...

or get one of those fancy carts at walmart

Nilla said...

Yeah, you're right... the fancy cart is way cooler ;).

Don't you love having comment-conversations :)?

Katherine Ronachert said...

yes, it reaffirms that i am lazy. but i've given myself until the wash gets done before i have to move my fat arse to clean!