Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Making the Grade

So, grades are finally posted! And I got 3 A's! Woohoo! Now, if I can just pull off 2 more A's in the summer, I'll have completed my master's degree with a 4.0. But, I won't let it go to my head... I hear that graduate-level grades are highly inflated. So, my A's are probably really worth a C, but they know you can only have so many C's [they won't graduate you if you don't have a B average], so they inflate the grades ;). Haha... I don't know that for sure. But I did hear that graduate classes get grade inflation. Although, the source of that comment was the crazy teacher I had, so I'm not sure how true it is.

Totally overslept this morning. It's a bad sign. I don't need to start being late this early into the "new schedule." But I was tired. Last night I went with Emily (from church) to a baby shower for another girl from church. I actually don't know the girl who's having the baby, but I figured I'd go anyway (and yes, I took a gift -- cute little froggie onesies and wipes). Anyway, the food was good. You know that's a big deal to me ;). Other than that, I didn't do much else yesterday. I talked to my mom. I went to bed sometime after midnight -- and that's because that's when I turned off the lights.

Random comment of the day: washing dishes by hand really wreaks havoc on your hands. More specifically the hand that holds the soapy sponge and scrubs the dish. My right hand's skin is very dry. I put lotion on it last night. I need to bring lotion to work. I always notice my poor hand when I'm not in convenient vicinity to a lotion bottle. Perhaps Annie has some in her cube. I'll know she's read this when she comes back and gives me an answer :). Hahaha. Hi Annie!

8 comments:

Katherine Ronachert said...

i'm guessing the reason there are not pics of the spread (food) is because it was someone you didn't know? perhaps you thought they'd think you were odd? ;)

Nilla said...

Yeah -- I didn't even take my camera. But I'll give you a rundown... cookies, cake, fruit, veggies, meatballs, chicken salad croissant sandwiches, and some delicious cheese plateau (well, it wasn't a ball...) that it turns out had crab meat in it (and I don't like crab meat, but this was good).

Virginia said...

I was told that A=A/B B=B/C and C= PhD\ (as on the logical not operator for those of you sane enough NOT to have a graduate minor in math)! I removed all concern over maintaining a 4.0 early on in my graduate career, but I did manage to avoid anymore C's - C is for Christopher - I made FOUR the year I was pregnant with him (I'm almost over it)! fyi I saw some sandals at the southside Wal-mart I don't know if they were strappy enough or comfy enough to take on a trip abroad but I thought I'd pass it along.

Nilla said...

How funny that I had just emailed you when that comment from you came in, Virginia!

So, should I admit that I've already started mentally planning what I will be packing to Panama? :). I probably won't need my flip flops much, since I plan to be doing a lot of walking -- and in some places, there might be snakes.

One thing I know (and that my dad is not too thrilled about) is that I will be taking 1 piece of luggage this trip. Not just carry-ons. Hey, 2 weeks in Panama? I'm girlie enough to need supplies :).

Mrs. S said...

Congrats on the grades! It will be so nice when you're done

Mrs. S said...

Oh, also I completely agree about washing dishes by hand. It REALLY sucks. The dish soap actually irritates my skin so I get a rash on my hands. I should wear gloves, but I usually don't. I can't WAIT until I have a dishwasher...but unfortunately that will be a LONG time coming.

Nilla said...

Actually, we do have a dishwasher... But sometimes there are just a few dishes and it's easier to wash them by hand... Plus it saves on electricity a little. But, my hand does pay the price...

juliebean said...

congratulations on the grades!!!! Believe it or not, my hubby loves to wash them by hand. He always hand washes instead of filling up the dishwasher. I do not have this disease, I always put them in the dishwasher. Call me lazy........