Friday, November 16, 2007

The Big Freeze

Well, this morning was frozen again. Plus I had to pack up my car in preparation for my trip to Dothan. So I did not factor-in ice-scraping time this morning. And it was COLD. I still have not bought the de-icer. Which I conveniently remembered when I saw all the ice on my entire car again this morning. My hand was ready to fall off by the time I was done scraping.

I really do have some of the strangest dreams. I don't remember all of them, but the dream I had right before waking up was as follows: I was in Target with Christina buying a baby shower gift for Stacy. Only it turned out I grabbed the wrong thing off the shelf -- it wasn't on the registry. Which baffled me, because when I pulled it off the shelf, I looked at it and it clearly said it was onesies for 1-3 months old. But by the time I pushed my cart over to the terminal (okay, because for some reason, Target turned into an airport), I realized my mistake. So I went back to the baby aisles, only to find Stacy there. I asked her if she really wanted the 1-3 month onesies, because I'd already paid for the 20-22 month onesies. She said she just didn't want three different onesies: one for 20 months, one for 21 months, and one for 22 months (yes, I know they don't come like this, but in my strange little dream world, they did). So I was going to make the exchange, but I couldn't find the right ones... they were all sold out. Well, I finally either give up or find what I need and I start pushing my cart back to the terminal, because I know I'm going to end up missing my flight. I suddenly notice that Christina has put a cute little pair of lion socks into the cart also, so I make a mental note that I need to still pay for these (they were $2 and change), since I exchanged the other thing. Anyway, I get back to the terminal and I'm getting ready to put my suitcase up on the conveyer belt for them to scan it, and the security guard is like, "What flight are you taking?" He gestures outside, and to my horror, my flight has just left. I start crying hysterically (literally). I'm mad and frustrated. So someone with me (I'm guessing Christina, since she was with me before), brings me a map of the airport, which is ironically shaped like one of the Hawaiian Islands. However, this seems perfectly normal to me, because in my mind, we are in Hawaii. Anyway, eventually another flight starts boarding (and I have no idea where all those people came from, because they hadn't been there previously) and I call out really loud: "Where is your flight going?" Because I'm thinking maybe it's close enough (I assume to Dothan) that I can take that flight and not be stuck in the Hawaiian-shaped Target/airport in Hawaii. The passenger's response is: Fort Hood. And somehow, my mind is able to decipher that they are going to Texas. While the passengers on the plane that had landed start to deplane and come into the terminal, I see April. I wave at her, but she doesn't recognize me. She starts talking to whoever is with me, and I'm sure by this point it's not Christina anymore. And then I start looking around the airport terminal and start noticing a bunch of people from Panama that I knew. One of them is my old friend Cathleen. Also there is a kid whose last name was Scribner, but I can't remember if his first name was Charles or if that was his brother. Brad would know... Anyway, so I go over and start talking to Cathleen. I ask her how she's been and what she's doing with herself these days. And wonder of wonders, she tells me she's a catalog librarian! I am shocked, and I tell her, "Wow!! Did you know I'm in library school right now?" And she responds that she did know that (although how that could be true is beyond me) and I then tell her that I work in the Cataloging Department where I work now, and that I know that's not really job for me; that I like working with the public. And then my alarm starts going off (again) and I wake up.

Now here's the really strange part. That entire dream was dreamt in 9 minutes. I know this because my alarm starts going off at 6 every morning. I hit snooze, and after 9 minutes, it goes off again. So, I remember hitting snooze at 6:27 (which I really shouldn't have). And when I woke up, it was 6:36. So I wonder if our minds work faster and if we are able to interpret data faster subconsciously than we are consciously. Because I don't know that all of that could have happened in 9 minutes in real life, but time did not seem to be off-kilter in the dream. Things seemed to be going at normal pace. Anyway... Just interesting. And weird that my mind makes dreams like that.

Anyway, I am headed to Dothan when I get off work today. I'm dreading the 4 hour drive. But it will be fun when I get there ;). I'll post whenever I have access to Internet, but it won't be every day next week, I'm sure. So, in case I dont' get around to it at all, HAPPY THANKSGIVING!!!! (Gobble Gobble ;))

4 comments:

Katherine Ronachert said...

so funny that's it's colder there than here! i'm glad that i'm not the only one to have weird dreams.
Happy Thanksgiving to you too!

Katherine Ronachert said...

poor genetic makeup!! ;)

April said...

Yay, I was in your dream...wonder why I didn't recognize you. That sure was a lot to happen in just 9 minutes.

Don't dread the 4 hour drive-think of it this way, you have 4 glorious uninterrupted hours in which you can listen and sing along to 80s music. Have a safe drive! And a Happy Thanksgiving!!!

Blake and Stacey said...

OMG!! I hope that I was not the Stacy in your dream! That would scare me to death! Not funny! :)

Enjoy your trip to Dothan. I think my parents are driving here, and Blake will probably be working! :(