Monday, November 19, 2007

Hailing From Dothan

Hello from Dothan everyone!!! I thought I would write briefly and include a few pictures so that you aren't flooded with them next Monday when I return to work. I should add that, as I sit here writing this, I am sporting a side ponytail. Yep, yep. Kristin and I have done our 80s pictures. They will show up at some point, but I can't promise it will be this week. I will say, though, that I walked through the entire library (HLML) with my side pony and jelly shoes. I'm sure people thought I was a nut, but I think that just means I probably fit in at the public library ;).

Friday's drive was so easy. The fall colors are gorgeous, and I took some pictures to show the contrast of the greens with the oranges, reds, and yellows. Here's my favorite one (keep in mind, it was taken while I was hurtling down the Interstate at about 76 mph :) ):
I was amazed at how little traffic I hit. I guess by leaving so early, I really missed the rush of holiday traffic. Thank goodness! Actually, I only hit bad traffic once I got to Dothan. This town is growing like a weed!! The huge shopping center with Bed, Bath, and Beyond is pretty much done and open. Also in there is Dick's Sporting Goods (your favorite place, Elka), Barnes & Noble, Ross Dress for Less, and Target. So it's pretty massive, and you can imagine the traffic situation it has created. I went by and visited Gammy and Steve at the print shop, then walked across the street to the library and saw Kristin and Miss Hilda. Gotta love Miss Hilda. She cracks me up. I went to my dad's, got a shower, and then met Heath at the medical center and we visited his cousin who had a baby Thursday. She also has a 10-month old who just adores Heath. See:

It also just so happens that my friend Karen is the charge nurse in Labor and Deliver at the medical center. So she saw us come in and was so surprised to see me, because, of course, she wasn't expecting me! So after we visited his cousin, we went and found Karen on her dinner break and visited with her for a few minutes. So that was really neat too. Then Heath and I went to eat at Cracker Barrell for dinner. Then Heath gave me my birthday present. He had gotten me a moleskine notebook, so that I can keep it with me and jot down my ideas for the novel I'm going to write one day ;). I guess they are pretty popular now. Heath got one with graph paper inside it for himself, for his school stuff. Mine has regular lined paper.

Then I went back to my dad's, and shortly thereafter, my dad got home from work. And you know what? Gotta love my dad ;). He bought me an 80s CD. Not only that, he also decided he likes some of the songs on it, so he's going to record the ones he likes. I never thought I would hear the day my dad would say that "Karma Chameleon" was a good song. He told me to stop making fun of him. I wasn't. I just couldn't help but laugh. This is from the man who, when I was about 7 or 8, told me to never listen to Alice Cooper. At the time, my response was, "Who's she?" Hahaha... Gotta love my dad :).

So, although I can't promise when, here's that which you have to look forward: Stacy's baby shower, Heath's birthday dinner, 80s day with Kristin. And that's only the things that have happened so far!!! And it's only Monday!

No comments: