Friday, November 30, 2007

Christmas-Time is Here

Well, there is this hilariously funny clip from some older Saturday Night Lives... They did it for more than one year. But try as I may, I could not find it on youtube, which is sad. It consisted of Jimmy Fallon, Horatio Sanz, Chris Katan, and Tracey Morgan dressed up in random Christmas outfits and singing the song "Christmas Time is Near". The link will take you to a transcript of the skit, and that's the best I could do. Actually seeing it would be so much better, but I could not find it. Hopefully you can still get a chuckle out of the whole thing, and if you can picture those four people doing the skit, then you can imagine that it was pretty funny.

Anyway, Stefanie (my roommate) and I decorated for Christmas last night. It was fun. We pulled out my "Rockin' Christmas" CDs with Christmas songs from the 50s and 60s. Great stuff, like the Chipmunks' "Christmas Song" and Elvis' "Blue Christmas". And even better, "Jingle Bells" performed by the Singing Dogs. Stefanie laughed and said, "That is awful!" I had forgotten about that particular song, but seriously... It says it's the singing dogs, and it delivers. It's dogs barking the song "Jingle Bells."

In other good news, I got my new cell phone! Yay! I no longer have to talk exclusively on an ear-piece. And it was free, since I signed up with Verizon for 2 more years.

Today is the day April and I do our case-study for our Public Libraries class. So, rather than have me drive back and forth to Birmingham two days in a row, I'm just going to stay at April's tonight and she, her daughter, and I will have a girls' night. Should be fun. Tomorrow we will have to do a little more of the case study and then work on the project to present on Monday. And then by this time next week, I'll be headed in to the big city of New York! I'm getting totally excited! So I thought I would share my excitement with you :).

3 comments:

Katherine Ronachert said...

have a great weekend!

Anonymous said...

Oi, achei seu blog pelo google está bem interessante gostei desse post. Gostaria de falar sobre o CresceNet. O CresceNet é um provedor de internet discada que remunera seus usuários pelo tempo conectado. Exatamente isso que você leu, estão pagando para você conectar. O provedor paga 20 centavos por hora de conexão discada com ligação local para mais de 2100 cidades do Brasil. O CresceNet tem um acelerador de conexão, que deixa sua conexão até 10 vezes mais rápida. Quem utiliza banda larga pode lucrar também, basta se cadastrar no CresceNet e quando for dormir conectar por discada, é possível pagar a ADSL só com o dinheiro da discada. Nos horários de minuto único o gasto com telefone é mínimo e a remuneração do CresceNet generosa. Se você quiser linkar o Cresce.Net(www.provedorcrescenet.com) no seu blog eu ficaria agradecido, até mais e sucesso. If is possible add the CresceNet(www.provedorcrescenet.com) in your blogroll, I thank. Good bye friend.

Katherine Ronachert said...

seems crazy blogger found you too!!