Wednesday, November 7, 2007

A Total Genius...

So I spent my morning dreading my 9:00 class, because I didn't have anything to occupy my time while the professor pontificated. Not having something to do while he drones on and on about the history of librarianship makes for the slowest-moving class in all of creation (well, at least for this semester :)). So, as 8:45 approached, I left my desk and walked up one flight of stairs to get a book from 4M (this is technically the 6th floor of the library, but they call it 4 Mezzanine), so that I could start taking notes for term paper #3. Well, the stairwell doors to 4M were locked. So I trooped up the second set of stairs to the 5th floor, which houses the library school. I figured I'd just ride the elevator back down to 4M (and here I was trying to be healthy), after I put down my backback and stuff in my classroom. So I went in the classroom, and it was completely empty. I literally stood there and stared at the room for about 2 minutes (I also looked at the clock on the wall and my watch, just to make sure it was really almost 9:00). One of the thoughts that crossed my mind was: surely not everyone picked the same day to skip class. The even funnier (and stupider, and therefore more Nilla thought) was, "does this mix-up have something to do with the time change?" Now there's a genius question... 4 days after-the-fact. Along about this time, it finally starts to trickle (please note, I originally wrote "trinkle" here, then changed it to "tinkle" and then, only after having moved onto the next story, did it occur to me that the word is "trickle" -- what's WRONG with me!!!???!!!) into my mind that he dismissed class for us this week so that we could finish up work on our presentations that start next week. So, the good news is that I didn't have to worry about being bored to death. The other good news is that I was able to really work on my 3rd term paper. But the bad news is that I'm obviously starting to lose my memory, and that's a sign of old age... (!) :). Grandma Hila strikes again!!! :).

...and again

Because after 2 hours of sitting in a freezing computer lab upstairs -- okay, seriously, who runs the air conditioning when it's not going to get over 60 degrees outside all day long??? -- I decided to thaw out by going down to R&D again and trying to use a computer to scan my pictures in that I'd hoped to scan in yesterday. So I went down there, got set up on a computer, and started looking through my purse for the pictures. They weren't in there! And I KNOW I had put them in there with the other pictures I scanned a couple of weeks ago of Christina and me, which I haven't gotten around to taking out yet.... And then it dawned on me: In one of my frequent genius-moves, I left them at my desk yesterday, in my desk drawer, thinking they'd be safe there for when I could finally go down and scan them. I seemed to have forgotten that little tidbit of information when I made sure to grab my purse, so I'd have everything I'd need to use the R&D lab (my student ID and jump drive) to scan the pictures. Probably the pictures would have been a helpful addition to that... So, still no pictures, and I'm sorry. This time it's my fault ;).

Oh, and it is sooo cold outside. This morning was somewhere around 30. I really wanted to stay snuggled up under my comforter this morning, and I certainly didn't want to go outside in the frigid cold!!! In Alabama, we don't believe in Fall or Spring. You get to choose: Summer or Winter. Just so you know, in case any of you who don't or haven't lived here might be considering it...

Oh, it must be noon... the siren is going off. Scares me everytime. (We have a siren ontop of our building that sounds if/when a tornado is spotted in the county, and they test it on the first "clear" Wednesday of each month at noon).

No comments: