Monday, November 5, 2007

The Return of the Nilla

You'd think that, with all those days off, I'd return with something interesting to report. Well, that's laughable :). I thoroughly enjoyed my time off, but I cannot report exciting events. The most exciting thing was that I slept until 10:30 both Friday and Saturday. Yes, I know it's lazy. But I earned it, and I wasn't sorry!

Let's see... I did work on my second term paper. I am almost done with it. I had every intention to finish it this past weekend (well, except that I need to find one more source and just put something in there from my last source -- yes, I know this is not how one is supposed to do a term paper... it is, however, how I do a term paper :) ). I went to a wedding at church on Friday night. It was very simple, but nice. The bride was beautiful. Also on Friday night, I watched 13 Going on 30 (I think this is one of the cutest movies). And, while I watched that, I broke open one of my many boxes of "memorabilia." I just couldn't help myself. Inside that particular box, I found tons of hilarious stuff. One of which was my high school graduation cap with tassle (1999) still attached. So, I put it on my head and wore it for the rest of the night while looking through the rest of the box. I briefly considered taking a picture to post in here, but then I thought, "Nah, they probably already think I'm crazy for admitting I put the thing on... A picture would just confirm my craziness" :). Yes, I realize that having multiple boxes labelled "memorabilia" means I am a pack-rat of sorts. But these are memories, people!!! Without this box of memorabilia, I would have forgotten about my friend Bonnie's 'road rage' or just how hairy Marcus's neck really was (okay, this is a long, long library story that will pretty much be understood only by Julie, Kristin, and Heath). Also in the box were my report cards for all of my high school years, along with standardized test scores (ACT, SAT, CTBS), and a panoply of other things I did. Oh, I meant to bring in the pictures of me I found in the box. Well, just check back later for those. Haha... Man, I found some rough pictures of me through the years. But I also found a really cute one from when I was about 18 months.

And, because I promised I would, I had better fill you in on the chocolate cake experience. It is as delicious as it looks. And I have only eaten half of it. I will eat the other half sometime today. And what is more, when you cut into it, it has some creamy chocolate in the middle of the cake too. Yum yum yum. And, in the food category... For all you bread and cheese lovers, check out this link: bread and cheese See, there are people in this world who understand the finer things in life :). Although I don't think I would feel the need to add most of those things... It's not like the sandwiches are lacking anything... bread and cheese... what else is there??

Oh, and let the excitement begin. I have just entered the point of the year where my life will fill up with excitement (at least to me). Here's what it looks like:
  1. Juliebean is coming here for the weekend (November 9-11)
  2. I go to Dothan for Thanksgiving (November 16-25)
  3. April and I work hard on our Public Library Case study (okay, so not exciting, but time-consuming) (November 30-Dec 1)
  4. Philly, NYC and D.C. with Elka (December 6-9)
  5. The semester ends (December 12ish)
  6. Christmas Break (I will spend some in Dothan and some in Florida at Julie's) (December 21-30)

It might not look like much, but it really is. And I'm excited :). I love it when things get hectic in the sense that there is always something to do!!! Okay, well, I guess I'm all out of useless info.

1 comment:

Katherine Ronachert said...

oh happy day! order is philly, dc then nyc. did i say that already? we can sleep off nyc sunday morning. hopefully all the christmas decorations will be up. also, the ladies in the primary pres. are giving me additional things to do in dc (museums). it should be fun because i've never hit those.