Wednesday, May 26, 2010

This Week I'm an Otter

I once took a personality test. Julie will remember this. She and I had taken a trip to Valdosta, GA a few weeks before I got married to stay with our friend Angie. In addition to our shenanigans and memory-making-moments (like being woken up by Mark in the wee hours of morning, because Julie had left the sun roof open on her new Honda -- and it had rained on her leather seats), we attended church with Angie that Sunday. During the Sunday School part of it, we watched a video on different personalities (I think it was a marriage class) and then we took a personality test to see what kind of animal we were from the video. For the record, I scored as a beaver, which was defined as someone who would enjoy making and reading instruction manuals. Hahahaha. I think that's hysterical. Partially because if you make an instruction manual, you are, in a way, telling a lot of people what to do. And if you believe my dad, you'll believe I'm bossy like that ;). Anyway, the other choices were lion, golden retriever, and otter. This week I think I would be an otter. I had a full calendar this week. And the week isn't even over yet!

So here's an overview (not counting Sunday, since I already covered that):

Monday: Funeral Home work all day. Worked on the reception desk all day so that the receptionist could take care of some filing stuff she needed to do. After that, went to Lea's and we walked our long route, since it wasn't raining. Racked up over 10,000 steps that day. Woohoo! Came home and checked out my garden -- need to roto-till the grass. Got a package from my BFF. Had our BFF journal in it, which is always awesome. Also had a little bit of 80s bling. No day can be a bad day when something 80s crosses my path ;). Julie is awesome.

Tuesday: Woke up and heard dripping in the basement. Found the source -- the bathtub in the bathroom upstairs. Called my mom at work and said, "Mom, we have a problem" a la Apollo 13. Nah, just kidding. It was too early for me to be witty. But I did call her and tell her. And so we had to call a plumber. Who replaced the rusted-through drain. Not cheap. Worked my 1 hour and 15 minutes in the morning at the funeral home. Drove to the library. Worked there and got to work on the desk for a large chunk of it, since they are finally training me on the desk. Lea had swapped schedules, so we worked together. I think I'm going to get us in trouble, because I believe in having fun at work. I think we laugh too much. Then headed back to the funeral home and worked until 5:30. Then I went home, changed clothes, called Sue to let her know I was ready for walking, and then I checked out my garden while I waited for her. And we walked in the rain. Free garden-watering. Came home, chilled out.

Wednesday (aka today): Funeral home in the morning. Library for 4 hours. Due to some changes, ended up deciding to walk with Lea right after that job, so we did our walk again -- and this time in a downpour by Washington State standards. We got soaked. But it was good. I'm at 10,550 steps. Hung out with her and her family -- at pizza and hot wings (drummette only, please -- the wings are creepy to me) and Sierra Mist. Then I headed over to a couple's house from church to help Suzy do some weeding. They are getting ready for a BBQ on Friday to which I am invited. I think Greg (the husband) has ideas of setting me up with his single friends. Left there at 7:30. Checked out my garden. Got my hands dirty pulling strands of grass here and there.

Thursday: I will be working both jobs. And then coming home to till the garden on the shallow level and try to get rid of the majority of the grass. And hoeing the rest of it around the plants. And maybe catching up on and finishing the final episode of Lost ever. (Yes, I have heard mixed reviews on this, but I've devoted 6 years of my life to it, so I might as well finish it out ;)).

Friday: Work both jobs. Come home, get a shower, and head over to Greg and Suzy's. For the BBQ. It should be fun.

Saturday: Work both jobs. It's Memorial Day weekend, which is a big deal at the funeral home. So I'll be working all weekend. But it'll be good. Last year was fun. Hopefully we'll have a repeat of that this year. Plus it gives me and Alligator Bob plenty of time to catch up on our crossword puzzles, being that I' haven't been at the funeral home as much as usual this week. And we can also work Saturday's, which usually just ends up in the trash, since neither of is there on Saturday anymore.

Well, I'm off to paint my toenails. I'm determined to wear flip flops to the BBQ (hopefully that won't be a mistake weather-wise), and I don't want to have ghetto toenails (thanks for that term Elka :)) in case there's some hottie there who would find a sarcastic, smart, witty, sassy chick attractive ;). Hahahaha. Is my head ginormous enough?

5 comments:

juliebean said...

I will never forget the otter and the Lion. We are quite a pair, you and I. Sounds like a good week. I consider it a good day when I do no throw up. That is basically all my life consists of.

wilkinson family said...

so my head couldn't remember but google did it for me. is it Ferris Bueller's Day Off?
i really got a laugh out of that one.

Kira =] said...

No, I don't believe your head is. because it can't after all be too big. You are Hila aka awesome. Why else would all of us love you so much? =]

Nilla said...

LOL ;). Thanks Kira. Love you too!

Katherine Ronachert said...

i've been sporting ghetto toe nails for a while. i've also got ghetto leg hairs...