Saturday, May 8, 2010

Here's To You, Mom...

My boo-boo kisser/nurse;

My chauffeur;

My tutor;

My waker-upper;

My lunch maker;

My reminder that age is just a number;

My baking teacher;

My baking partner;

My cheerleader;

My listening ear;

My example.

While you may not be all of those things to me anymore, you have been each of them at some point in my life (and yours). And some of them you are now. And this is a short list. I can't begin to list all the roles you've played; all the hats you've worn. But I love you. I always will. And I'm so thankful you're my mommy. I'll love you forever, I'll like you for always, as long as I'm living, my mommy you'll be.

Happy Mother's Day to all you wonderful mothers. The job you do is irreplaceable.

1 comment:

jessica said...

It's amazing that a 3 letter word like Mom can encompass so much!