Thursday, February 12, 2009

What Is Love?

Man, I'm really racking up these song-title posts! You know you know this one :). I can't help but get this picture in my head, every time I even think of this song... And I have to laugh.

Well, it is, after all, close to Valentine's Day. And since I don't have a sweetheart this year, I'll be celebrating on Friday the 13th instead! Hahahaha, I'm so kidding :).

Actually, it occurs to me how loved I am. Not in that romantic way (though I hope to be again someday). But in so many ways. As a daughter, as a sister, as a sister-in-law, as an aunt, as a cousin, as a friend. And I've really been felt loved this week. Here are my Valentines:

Photobucket

1. So Christina showed up at work yesterday. She'd taken Emily to get her shots for her 2-months. Poor baby :(. And so you know we all had to fawn all over her at work. And hold her and love her. Such a sweet baby. But anyway, the reason Christina came there was to give me a Valentine present. The Little Mermaid. They've put it back in the vault, and there were only a few left on the shelves at her work (Best Buy). In fact, the one she got me was the last one. I've been wanting to get this DVD since it came out in October of 2006. So, for over 2 years, I've wanted it. But, I haven't gotten it for myself because Disney movies are expensive, and I just can't bring myself to spend $20 on a movie. Not because it's not worth it... Mostly because I'm a penny-pincher. But Christina knew I'd been wanting it. So, she got it for me. And told me it's because I'm the best sister anyone could ever have. Which she told me in front of everyone at work. Gosh I love that girl. I love that we have such a special relationship.

2. I got home from work today and found a package waiting for me on the table. It was from April and Courtney. And inside? Milano Mint Dark Chocolate Drenched cookies and a card for V-day. (The cookies are so worth every single calorie (of which there are 100 per cookie), by the way). Thank you so much April and Courtney! Have I mentioned before that I have been so richly blessed with wonderful friends? I seriously have. I'm not even sure that I deserve such wonderful friends. Both my mom and Christina have commented on what wonderful, sweet friends I have. They are so right. And though I'm sad we aren't getting to do fun stuff like this again this year, I am so thankful and feel so loved that April would think to surprise me with a package :).

3. I got a goodie bag from Em (my Relief Society President). She's so sweet and thoughtful. She always says the kindest things to me. One day she told me that I give her such a feeling of peace when I'm around, and that she needs that. I thought it was such a sweet thing to say.

Let me make a disclaimer on that picture... That was like the 10th picture I took trying to get one where I didn't look tired and haggard. I must be tired and haggard, because I couldn't get one I was really happy with. But, that one will have to do. We moved the file room at work (well, the filing cabinets), and while I was not doing the lifting and moving of the cabinets, I was clearing them all off and then loading everything back into the container where the new file home is. I should take my camera next week and get pictures. It's really cool how much room there is now! And they're going to put in bookshelves, so we'll have even more storage! Anyway, so I'm sore and tired! And I have a blister on my toe :). Woe is me!

Random fun news... My friend Stacy is making sure I'm involved (even though it has to be long-distance :( ) with her (what I know will be) awesome Twilight party! Thanks Stacy for making me feel a part of it all!

And to top off a pretty darn good week... An "old" friend found me! (Old as in from the past... Since she can't be age-old, because then I would be too ;)!!!) And we have spent a couple days sending messages back and forth, catching up on each other's lives. And it's so wonderful. So wonderful to be back in touch :). So wonderful, once again, to have been blessed with the best of friends throughout my life. So glad to be back in touch, Jessica :).

Oh, and one more thing that makes this week fun and wonderful:
Photobucket

Nothing better than a baby's smile when she's just learning how to do it on purpose :).

7 comments:

Unknown said...

Can I just say I love reading your posts? As my granny would say, "You're full of sunshine and happiness", and somehow, even when you're not, you are. Make sense? Miss you. And dear Hila, remember there is more than one kind of love to celebrate on Valentine's day..as you said, you've got your share. :)

the happy thomas family said...

yes, hila - i agree that you can celebrate true love this valentine's day. enjoy your day... even if it is friday the 13th... which is when we will be celebrating valentine's day, too!

so glad that you are going to do that for me... eventhough i would much rather you 'be' at the party, this will suffice (for now). nice to have a friend like you.

Katherine Ronachert said...

shoot! i should have sent back your suitcase/bag as a valentines day gift! that counts, right?
happy valentines day!

juliebean said...

happy valentines day!!!!!!!!!!

the happy thomas family said...

i'm leaning towards hope floats... ? or is it to late to make guesses? love you!

Katherine Ronachert said...

happy valentine's day!
by the way, i'm listening to "unskinny bop." the radio station here is having flashback to the 90's??? what? am i really that old that they bypass the 80's?

jessica said...

What a great day. Happy Valentines!!