Monday, February 9, 2009

The Tax[woman]

You can listen here.

Perhaps I'm not really the taxwoman, as I'm not the taxer. I'm the taxed. But, I did file my federal just now. I will admit, I am terrified by the tax season. Simply because I am scared of making a mistake and getting audited. I guess you just go with the flow and keep all your information. In an organized manner, which I could totally do better. At any rate, at least that's done. And, I'm totally thrilled with the amount I'm getting back -- as long as I didn't make any mistakes, that is :). I guess there are perks to not working 1/2 the year. Anyway, so the good news is that my credit card debt is diminishing quickly at this rate :). Woohoo!

Also, wish me luck on Friday. I'm going to be doing some Spanish to English translating. I'm a tad nervous.

8 comments:

Heather said...

I love tax time. It means a little extra money in my pocket. I'm always in a hurry to file. I filed on Jan 16th which was the first day you could e-file. I have a file box that I keep permanent records in like tax stuff. I keep all of my tax forms and documentation together in a folder.

Your taxes shouldn't be that complicated, so I doubt you made any mistakes. It's actually a good thing that you didn't work in WA last year. That way you don't have to file state income taxes for two states.

Good luck on Friday. At least you were able to brush up on your Spanish during your trip to Panama.

Christina said...

Good luck on Friday, I know you'll do great. You'll probably do better than anyone that applied.

Jenny said...

Good luck with the Spanish- English translation. You will do fine. Got Faith in you Hila.

Nilla said...

Thanks for all the votes of confidence!

Also, one good thing is that WA doesn't have state income tax :). So, I just have to do AL :).

Katherine Ronachert said...

good luck! im still waiting on morgan stanley to send my tax doc. i hate them. they are always late.

jessica said...

Wahoo! We just got our back too and boy does it feel good!We won't get our Cali state tax back...they are passing out IOUs?! That doesn't help:) maybe I could pay my taxes in IOUs next year. So maybe that wouldn't go over too well.
Have fun tomorrow translating!! The great thing about translating is neither side knows if your doing it correctly so really...you could have some fun;)

Christina said...

Is the movie quote from Twilight?

Katherine Ronachert said...

good luck! i hope it goes well. i'll be calling soon enough!