Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Visiting Jimi Hendrix

Or at least his grave.

That's what I did on Monday. But only after I went to work and did more shifting of files (still didn't finish -- though I did finish today!!). I actually left work early on Monday to come home and get a shower and get ready to go with several others from the job to a funeral home in Seattle where they were having a rewards and recognition ceremony. Since I'd gone to work in jeans and a t-shirt and crocs, I figured I ought to change clothes :). Anyway, my mom got recognized for her 5 years of service with the company and she got a certificate and a pin. Meanwhile, I had a photo opportunity with Jimi Hendrix.
Photobucket

Apparently the funeral home has to clean off this memorial/grave almost daily. People sleep on it, eat on it, and do a lot of other stuff on it, from what I gather. I was happy to just take a picture by it. Because, hey -- you have to grasp photo opportunities when they come to you :). Jimi Hendrix had a bunch of songs. But the one with which I am most familiar is "All Along the Watchtower." So, you can click here and listen, if you want to :).

Anyway, they served us dinner, and a lot of it was shrimp, and some of it I thought wasn't, so I unwittingly ate shrimp. Blech! At least I saw the tail sticking out of the shrimp taquitos and didn't grab any of those! Of course, the down-side was that the other taquitos had the shrimp chopped up instead of whole (with a tail) so I was conned into eating one of those. Oh well :). I survived. But they had a lovely dinner for us. And it was fun to just do something different. And since my mom and I rode over with Randy, Ron, and John, we had a fun time riding and gabbing the whole way.

Also, my mom told me today that word is spreading about me doing the files here. And another office manager (in addition to someone at the location where Jimi Hendrix is buried, who told my boss way back in December that he'd be interested in having me do their files too) told my mom she'd like to borrow me to do their files. I guess we'll see how all that turns out, because I'm nowhere near finished here. But, the file room is looking awesome! Oh yeah, and the thing that would be undesireable about doing the files at Sunset? That's where that annoying guy (who is married to that annoying lady) from the Canada trip works. And he's a hugg-y kind of guy. I'm all about hugs... with certain people. And he's not one of them. He's also very loud and annoying. He was at that shindig on Monday night and came over to me and shook my hand and said, "Didn't I meet you at the last managers' meeting?" I said, "Actually you met me in Canada." I didn't share my name again, because I didn't want him to make the phlegm-coughing sound when he pronounced my name "correctly." Anyway, so then he goes, "Oh yeah! I did, didn't I? Is that good or bad?" I soooo wanted to say, "Depends on your perspective. For me, it was bad." Instead, I just smiled and laughed like the good girl I am... But anyway :). I'd do the files anyway, if they wanted me to. I'd just make every effort to avoid Mr. Obnoxious.

11 comments:

Jenny said...

that one guy i would want to avoid as well if he is that big of a hugger. sounds like he gets too much out of hugs if he is a big hugger

juliebean said...

haha. That made me laugh. U R crazy. Just how bad could this guy be? :) I love ya, crazy Nilla. I wanna meet this character one day.

Katherine Ronachert said...

you are hysterical! phlegm! you should be a bad girl! although then it might not look so good for your mama!

Katherine Ronachert said...

by the way, your blog posts disappeared for awhile there. i was so disturbed.

Mrs. S said...

Your movie quote is driving me nuts because i know it! I just can't think of it. I'll probably cheat to save myself from the insanity.

Mrs. S said...

I knew I knew the movie! I feel so much better now that I cheated.

Virginia said...

I totally forgot that if I came to visit you I could visit Jimi too! Maybe after I get back from Mongolia ... assuming you aren't off to some other exotic spot :p

juliebean said...

how does mrs s cheat?

Katherine Ronachert said...

juliebean, she looks it up online

Katherine Ronachert said...

did i already guess goonies? if not, i meant to.

Christina said...

new movie is The Private Eyes