Sunday, February 22, 2009

More Partying

So I worked all day on Thursday. And then went straight to Christina's, because I spent the night since she had to go to a meeting at 8 the next morning. And quite frankly, I don't want to drive over anywhere that early. Call me lazy if you want. But I cherish my sleep. And I'm getting precious little of it these days. Don't get me wrong... I fall asleep quickly and sleep like a rock. Which is sweet in ways I can't explain :). But, it seems like I always have stuff going on... So, lack of sleep. So, moving on... I spent the night. It was amusing trying to put Desiree to sleep. You need to check out Christina's blog and read her "Random Quote from Desiree" at the top. Hopefully she won't change it for a few more days....

Oh, and though these pictures were actually taken on Tuesday, I like them. This is how I spend a lot of my time:
Photobucket

Photobucket

And isn't this too cute?
Photobucket
Aunt Hila gets lots of smiles from this little cutie.

So anyway, I went in to work later on Friday. But, I still got my 30 hours for the week! Soo woo-hoo!

Saturday was busy. I did a ton of grocery shopping and also sent of a huge check to the credit card company. Wham-o! So looking forward to that being gone! And then I ran all over the place taking groceries home, getting birthday presents, etc. Then it was off to Brad and Tarylyn's. I made Simple Smokies and chicken salad sandwiches and also took over a cheese spread and crackers. We decided to have little finger foods for dinner. And Christina made the cupcakes and she and Tarylyn decorated them. Half for Ben and half for Desiree. Because it was a joint birthday. Desiree turned 4 and Benjamin will be 3 tomorrow.
Photobucket

The grown-ups thoroughly enjoyed themselves by playing Apples to Apples
Photobucket
(I think we're addicted to this game...)

We sang Happy Birthday and ate cupcakes and ice cream.
Photobucket

And Emily told me she felt excluded (I'm the baby whisperer, so I know this...) :).
Photobucket
I assured her we'd shower her with cake and ice cream in the future....

And then it was present time:
Photobucket

The kids had a wonderful night. The adults had fun playing Apples to Apples. And we called it quits a little after 10, and I couldn't believe it was that late! UGH. But so fun and worthwhile :).

Today was church. A good day. Although I still don't know where all the time goes! I talked to Virginia, my dad, and went to a baptism, and somewhere in there, my day was gone! And tomorrow is work :). I'm so glad I enjoy working there. I look forward to it, and that's a good thing! So anyway, that sums it up for me!

*And Christina guessed the movie quote correctly!* (She was online as I wrote this blog, and so I told her to go guess it...)

5 comments:

Christina said...

Ilove reading your blog, it always brightens my day, if not making me laugh my butt off. I definately love spending time with you & doing parties & other special occasions, yo're so creative

juliebean said...

umm, I am dying to play this apples to apples game. U blog about it so much and that makes me wanna try it! Good pics.

Katherine Ronachert said...

i love that your mom is sitting in the background playing solitaire! how funny! wish i could have been there! love ya still! it's midterms... :(

Jenny said...

Ahh so cute seeing little munchkins sleep on you

Mitchell4 said...

Sounds like a fun and productive weekend. Your such an awesome Aunt. I'm thrilled to hear that life is treating you well.