Saturday, February 7, 2009

Did I Do That?

To go along with the title, please click here and turn up your speakers :). You can hate me later. Because, having that in my head, I have to admit I kind of hate myself now ;). I never liked that show. I don't really know why. I just didn't. It made me so mad when it replaced Growing Pains and my pre-teen dreamboat Kirk Cameron.

So, do you ever do something really stupidly embarassing? I guess mine aren't the worst in the world, but they are so funny to me. And so I'm going to share :). One's recent... And the other is something like 7 or 8 years old. But they are both classic.

So, the week before last, I was in the filing room, and my mom and R came in to give me a hard time. Then R got to looking at all the filing cabinets and asked my mom if we had keys for them (they are never locked right now). My mom said that we do. And then I said, "Well, if they are opened, you don't have to worry, because when you push in the lock, they don't lock if a drawer is open. See?" And then I pushed the lock in on the cabinet where I had a drawer open. And wouldn't you know it? It locked. And R started laughing and said, "Well, we do now!" (Apparently you have to press them all the way in and hear it click -- then it will lock. Otherwise you can press it back out from the other side of the open drawer, which I found out when I leaned against several locks over the course of my filing). So, my mom went and brought me the keys so I could go through them all and find the right key. Yeah, that was fun. And kind of embarassing. Not the kind of dumb thing you want to do in front of your boss! So, later on, after I unlocked the drawer, R was passing by the room, and I said, "I just want you to know that, having witnessed that situation, you should have the utmost confidence in my abilities." And I laughed. Yep, that was a good one.

The second one is very similar. Me making a very matter-of-fact statement.

So, it was several years ago. Heath and I were dating and were out eating at Buffalo's, probably for all-you-can eat wings night. And the servers would always bring around this huge tray of delicious-looking desserts at the end of the meal to try to entice you. So there we are, eating. The people in the booth in front of us are finished with their meal, so the server brings the yummy dessert tray. The customers turn down the desserts and the server leaves. I turn to Heath and say, "You know, those are fake desserts made to look just like what they serve." He found that interesting enough; he didn't know that. I assured him it was so... Because the desserts would go bad after a day of sitting on a tray, you know? Besides, I'd seen plastic food displays that looked amazingly real and realized that they weren't. So anyway, I was spreading my wisdom. So, eventually, we're done eating. The server brings the dessert tray to us. We decline (all-you-can eat wings doesn't leave much room for dessert...), and we pay and leave. As we're walking out the door, I spot the dessert tray sitting unattended by the door. So I say, "See? They're fake." And I poke my finger into a nice piece of REAL cheesecake. I can only imagine the look on my face. We left pretty quickly then. And left behind a cheesecake with a finger hole. Genius. I swear, sometimes I do the dumbest things.

So, there you go :). A couple of random stories just for the sake of blogging... And for the sake of all Hilas and potential Hilas -- so they will be named Hila and not Ellen :).

Also, I know the movie quote this week was super-duper easy (I got several commentaries on how easy it is!), but I'm doing some of them from memory, since all my movies are packed still. As is the notebook in which I wrote down all the quotes as I watched the movies (my preferred method of obtaining the quotes -- I know! Crazy!). But, at least I scored a bunch of comments! That said:

*Julia-Ann, Julie, Kristy, and Heather have all guessed the movie quote correctly!*

6 comments:

Kira =] said...

dirty dancing

Jenny said...

everyone has moments like that. at least you don't have polish in you.

juliebean said...

Ok, I did not listen to the audio, but I can hear that voice in my head, thanks so much. That cheesecake story made me laugh out loud. You dummy!!!! (sometimes they are fake -- but not ALWAYS!!)

Christina said...

i must admit, i can't think of the movie the quote came from. i lost my hot streak. :( hila you're a dork, but soo funny. i love you

Katherine Ronachert said...

THAT was funny!

Katherine Ronachert said...

i did listen to your connection and i regretted it.
:)