Tuesday, June 29, 2010

This Just In

I got the phone call about the job today. They did not offer it to me. But I am totally fine with it. I was not technically qualified, because I do not have supervisory experience. And it is entirely possible that they chose someone who is closer to the area anyway. Which makes a lot more sense. And I'm so relieved I didn't have to find a way of politely declining the job, because I really knew it wasn't for me (I tend to know this when I hope that they don't offer me the job after I have interviewed -- or even before! This is my 3rd experience with that feeling. As Julie says, 'it's very telling'). I'm glad I went. Glad I got the experience of interviewing. And it has to say something that they interviewed me for that level of a position, so all around, it was a good experience and a good thing. And hopefully eventually the right thing will come along. Until then, I will keep on keeping on.

I will have a couple of pictures to post -- probably tomorrow -- from my brief visit with Ladonna. The whole Olympic National Park thing didn't end up happening, but we still were able to visit and spend some time, and it was enjoyable. I will write more about that when I post the pictures. And I'll write more about my week at that time too. I will have a lot of fun stuff to do this week -- always a grand time :).

So, that's it for now. Back to work :)! Just wanted to update.

No comments: