Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Nothing to Write Home About

That's my life. Dull. Boring. Routine. Though Alysha tells me she loves my life, because I am always hanging out with friends. She must text me when I'm doing something more interesting than working, because I'm not sure what she's talking about ;). Because here's a typical day in Nilla-land:

My alarm starts going off at 7:30 in the morning. I usually hit the snooze button at least once, so that's an extra 5 minutes. Sometimes I hit it 2 times, though :). I'm a girl who loves her morning sleep. I drag out of bed, utter morning prayers (and I'm not going to lie... they could be a lot better and more ponderous rather than me just trying to stay awake during them), and haul myself out for my morning routine, which consists of washing my face, putting in my contacts, and brushing my teeth. Then I come back to my room and decide what I'm going to wear. Some days I'm a bit smarter than others, and I start pondering my wardrobe while brushing my teeth or whatever. I grab my laptop bag -- with laptop, of course, my purse, and I head upstairs. I pour some orange juice in a bottle and take it with me to the funeral home. I usually also try to find something quick I can grab for lunch. Then it's off to the funeral home, where I work from 8 to 9:15. Then I drive 20 minutes to the library -- and drink my OJ on the way. I work at the library from 9:45 to 1:45. If I'm wearing my pockets, then you can text me and I will respond. If not, my phone will be locked up in my locker. Some days I make the mail run -- which takes between 15 and 20 minutes. Other days the boss makes the mail run. By 1:45, I'm ready to head out. And so I do. Back to the funeral home, where I continue to work (and work the crossword puzzle with Bob) until 5:15 or 6, depending on the day of the week. If it's Monday, Wednesday, or Friday and not rainy (yesterday was terribly rainy and windy), I meet Wendy at the walking track, and we walk for about 45 minutes. I come home, water my tomato plants (the tallest of which is now about 2 feet -- and they still have about 2 weeks before ground planting...), and get a shower. Sometimes I go watch a movie with a friend. Sometimes I run errands at the store. Sometimes I hang out at home. It's really not thrilling at all.

Today they did a grill out at the funeral home. Not really sure why. But whatever. Buck and Bob were so nice, they cooked up my steak when I got back from the library so that I wouldn't have to have a cold or re-heated one. Plus they saved me a baked potato and brownie. Such nice guys.
I had a dream the other night in which I lost three of my top teeth on the left side. They were the three right behind my pointy canine tooth, and they all came out at the same time, because for some reason, they were all attached to each other. And I remember later in the dream, I had more teeth fall out, and I put them in a glass of milk, because they say you are supposed to do that if you have a tooth come out with its root attached (true story). My mind is strange. It juggles around a lot of different stuff and sticks it all together in a semi-cohesive dream. The losing my teeth thing is a recurring dream (or should I say nightmare?) thing for me. I think I have a serious subconscious fear of it.

I made a list of most of my movies. Last count was somewhere around 110. That's both VHS and DVD, and it doesn't include my tv episodes. I don't know why I love to buy movies so much.

My laptop battery is about to die. It's going on midnight. I have to go to sleep. So I am done :). Just felt like doing a little bloggity blog.

P.S. Today Saria turned 9. That seems unbelievable to me. Next year is double digits. Scary thought.

1 comment:

Katherine Ronachert said...

i hate when i have dreams about my teeth falling out!!! drives me nuts and i feel my teeth all the next day to make sure they're still intact.