Friday, April 9, 2010

Look Alike

So over the course of my nearly 30 (gasp) years, I have been told I look like a few different actresses. I personally don't see the resemblance, though I will say I wouldn't mind it if it were true. I'm certainly not getting paid for my looks, and these ladies seem to be ;)!

The first one I remember was from when I was in 10th grade or 11th grade in Panama. We were riding to school after seminary one morning, and Al McRae commented to me that he saw a preview for Romeo and Juliet, which was coming out then starring Claire Danes, and that he thought I look a lot like Claire Danes. I was quite flattered really, because I think she's pretty.

A few years later, while working at the public library in Dothan, one of the usual patrons who usually hung out in the Reference Department and had a long ponytail (it was a guy) told me I look like Ally Sheedy. I'm hoping he didn't mean Ally Sheedy a la Breafast Club, because she did look a little nutzo in that movie (which fit her character, of course ;)), but on a regular day, she's pretty, so I didn't mind.


Most recently, Bob (not Alligator Bob but the other Bob) at my funeral home asked me if I ever watch Ugly Betty. Well, I don't. But anyway, according to him, I look like America Ferrarra, not I should stress, in Ugly Betty garb. He said I look like her when she's normal. Hahaha. Again, a nice thing to say, because she is pretty. And I like her hair.

And I'll tell you what... When you are unhappy with the state of your own hair, you tend to notice every woman's hair that you see.

Anyway, so those are some of the actresses people say I look like. There might be one more, but I can't remember it. What do you guys thing? Any resemblances? And what about you? Have you ever been told you look like someone famous? And if yes, who?

4 comments:

Katherine Ronachert said...

i'd say girl #3!

juliebean said...

as least not that I can remember.

juliebean said...

Id say America is the closest. I have never been told I look like someone famous...... sniff sniff

jessica said...

America has great hair! Come down for a visit and you can come to my hair girl. She is amazing and inexpensive:)