Monday, April 19, 2010

Heavy Sigh

So Saturday night, I went over to my friend Wendy's for a chick flick night. We also made yummy salads. Wendy got the greens and bacon for bacon bits. I brought all the other fixin's. It was yummy. And healthier than what we would normally do. Well, until the gourmet cupcakes that Wendy had bought. I'm pretty sure those squashed out the good intentions ;). I had also taken some cans of that V8 Fusion stuff. We have two flavors at home: blueberry pomegranate and strawberry banana. I learned a valuable lesson. These are yummy. But only when you drink them while eating something salty. Don't drink them after you've eaten something truly sweet, because then it just tastes like you are sucking down slightly sweetened vegetables. Heavy sigh. I think I got a good taste of beets, because those are the only vegetable in that mixture that I am sure can taste as bad as it tasted after the gourmet cupcake. Which was flavored like raspberry lemoncello, in case you wanted to know. But other than that, it was a great evening. We watched French Kiss and The Blind Side. Both awesome movies.

Sunday was a great day. We (the Ward Choir) sang. I love singing with the choir. I didn't ever think I would like it. But I do. I love it. And my lesson went well. Bribery works well on 12 and 13 year olds ;). Granted, we usually only scratch the surface of the lesson. It's hard to keep their attention. But if they get just one thing out of the lesson that they didn't know before, then that is good. While in my class, one of the kids started singing. The other class members told him to stop singing. I said, "Yeah. You can only sing if you are going to join the Ward Choir." I was joking of course. Another kid in the class piped up, "No, you don't want to join the choir and sing with all the old people." I looked at him and said, "Hey! I sing with the choir!" And he said, "Exactly. Old people." Heavy sigh. I am officially old. When did that happen!?! On the positive side, I am learning a lot just from teaching. They ask questions -- and sometimes I don't know answers. So I come home and study their questions so I can return with an answer the following week. I like the kids I teach. They are good kids. I think this will be an enjoyable time for me. I hope it will be for them as well.

It's awkward when someone comes up to you at the end of Relief Society and tells you she "has a guy for you." It just is.

When it comes to Jelly Bellys, don't mix lemon with juicy pear. Juicy pear flavor is gross enough on its own (seriously, Brad and I used to try to give each other that flavor because it was the worst one -- or maybe tied with the coffee one). But just don't mix lemon with juicy pear. It tastes like vomit. Ugh.

Thinking something is going to happen a certain way and being excited about it, only to have it go kaput, kind of stinks. But I suppose that is life.

1 comment:

jessica said...

Jelly Belly note taken...and you're not officially old until you're 30 ;) which means you are still young until Halloween as I will be meeting my Old Self in a few weeks. I'm hoping she won't look differently