Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Hippetty Hoppetty





I have decided to start putting my pictures at the top of my posts so that I don't have to try to drag them down with the touch-pad laptop mouse :). As you can see, there are several pictures of the kids. Easter was nice here in Washington. The day was semi-decent as far as weather is concerned. It was also quite full as far as the rest of it is concerned :).

I started out the morning at 4:30 a.m. Which those of you who know me will know that isn't a good sign ;). I'm not keen on early mornings. I actually did not intend to get up that early -- especially having only gone to bed a mere 4 hours before. My alarm was actually set for 5:40, because the funeral home was having their annual Easter Sunrise service. Though it is not mandatory to attend, I knew there wouldn't be a lot of people there, plus my mom was going, so I wanted to be there to help her. So that's why I was planning to get up early in the first place. So my alarm was set, but my body subconsciously was worried about oversleeping, so I ended up wide awake at 4:30 and unable to go to sleep despite 30 minutes of trying. So I finally turned on the light and did some reading for my other 30 minutes or so. Then I started to get ready. My mom and I got to the funeral home at about 6. Mostly we were there to set up the breakfast stuff for after the service. In the end, only 5 of us there were employees, so I'm glad I went to help out. We had a decent turn out, and everyone is so appreciative that we do it, so that is good.

My original plan had been to come home, get into my warm pajamas, and watch Conference in bed on my laptop. Alas, better options turned up when my friend Wendy invited me and Wendy to go to her house and watch Conference. So we did. Wendy made home-made cinnamon rolls for breakfast, then we had chips, dip, and guacamole with mocktails (pina colada and abstinence on the beach, courtesy of Heidi) about mid-day. And then after the second Conference session, we had enchiladas. Plus we enjoyed lovely conversation and time spent with friends. It was a nice relaxing Sunday. Then it was time to head home so I could help my mom hide the plastic eggs my mom and grandma had filled for the kiddos. We did that in a hurry, because Brad, Tarylyn, and the kids had gotten here about 5 minutes after I did. So we put a movie on to entertain them while we hid eggs. We were trying to wait on Christina, Desiree, and Emily, but they were running late, so Saria, Samuel, and Benjamin found their eggs so they could head home and eat dinner. Christina came over later with the girls and they found their eggs and ate dinner with us. My mom made a ham using a glaze my Aunt Hila told her about, and i have to say -- it was a delicious ham! Moist and very flavorful.
As always, the kids are adorable. I love them all so much. I am constantly amazed by how they grow and learn so quickly. The last picture of me laughing with Emily is because I was playing a game where I woud start with my hand in the air and make a noise with my mouth as I brought my hand closer and then I'd tickler her tummy. She would laugh hysterically. And then, after I stopped doing it, she'd actually do it herself! She is good at copying. And what a lesson that is. They catch on quick, and they will do what they see you do.

In addition to all that fun, I also enjoyed a nice conversation with my friend Tammy in Alabama. So all around, Easter was a wonderful day :). Oh, and this is a song title post. Listen here.

1 comment:

jessica said...

What a fun day! I love that Conference was on Easter this year too!

Star Trek