Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Tidbits

I really don't have much to say, but I feel like blogging. Therefore, you get some tidbits. Of random information. That is totally pointless. And useless. But it satiates my blog-craving :).

I know some pretty darn awesome people. Today the guys at work gave me the hook-up and sprayed some stuff into my car door locks and they are turning (and letting me insert my key) much nicer now.

I finished shifting the pre-need funeral files (since we got a new cabinet for them) and made up the new labels. Yay! Now to work on the cemetery side... Which is a much larger feat, and was therefore left for later.

I have little to no artistic ability... at all. Tonight I made a tree out of construction paper for a lesson I have to teach. It's a leafless tree, because it's supposed to be an apple tree ready for pruning (which you do during the winter months, so there are no leaves :)). I'm pretty sure it looks dorky. And more like a phallic symbol than anything else. LOL. And that line is for Julie who once sent me a text (recently) asking what that word was that Sigmund Freud always talked about if you used trees or something in a story. And this comes from my days of Literary Criticism when I was working toward my undergrad. Oh the things you learn in college. Anyway, let's just hope my lesson is good enough to overcome my dorky and lacking (to the point of non-existent) artistic side.

Last night I watched more episodes of Scrubs from season 2. I watched one that made me laugh so hard! I love a good laugh.

I don't think Target sells laptops. I went last night just to price them and see what they have. I didn't see any at all. I did see several TVs. Some of them were tempting. They are on sale. Again, only if I can pay cash for it. It's not really a need. Just a want. But I have goals. And a tv wasn't on that list. A laptop was. So is paying off all debt :).

I'm going to see about watching the new episode of Lost tonight. I heard that it started last night. And then I'll watch more Scrubs. Because I want to :).

Correction (made at 12:13 a.m. on Thursday...): I will be watching the newest episode of Lost at some later date. Mary and I just finished one of our marathon conversations. This one lasted 2 hours and 45 minutes. I think I'll pop in some Scrubs, have a few chuckles, read some scriptures, and call it a night!

2 comments:

Kristy said...

I wanted to thank you for all your nice comments you leave on my blog, it really means alot and it has truly lifted my spirits. I hope you can make it in march for the party, I have postive feelings its going to work out for you. That last movie quote was a good one it drove me nuts all week because I knew it and could remember from where. I hope you are doing well, have a wonderful week!

juliebean said...

That is such a funny word -Phallic. It will always be a memory that makes us laugh. We are both crazy. Thanks for the interesting tidbits...