Thursday, February 11, 2010

Also Known As Bribery

So last night my mom and I made oreo truffles. Mostly because it turned out I had bought a package of oreos when they were on awesome sale and had forgotten about them. And then my mom found them. And it turned out to be a good thing, since I figured I'd make a batch of oreo truffles to give some to Mary to share with her husband Ed for Valentine's Day. After trying various and sundry ways of coming up with a tool to keep from having to dip my fingers in the chocolate, I finally caved with last night's endeavor. I just dipped 'em with my fingers. It went a whole lot faster than usual! So this morning I divvied them up -- some for Mary, some for work, and some for the little boy who lives down the lane... Nah, I'm kidding (that was a reference to a nursery rhyme, though, if you didn't know ;)). I decided to take some down to my new job place today, since I had to go down to get a binder for new employees. As it is with starting any new job, at least for me, I am hopeful that I will fit in there. But what if I don't!?! Julie said I should fit in by bringing them Little Debbie cakes, since that was the beginning of our beautiful friendship (and that's an allusion to Casablanca ;)). But I told her I took them oreo truffles instead ;). Who can't like the girl who brings oreo truffles!? Hahaha... Nah, I'm kidding. I did take them, but not as bribery. Fact is, who knows when I'll make them again, so I figured I'd take them in and be nice. I did, after all, get a nice card from all of them (signed by all of them), welcoming me aboard. I thought that was really nice.

Lately, I have been getting a lot of blog hits from Europe and stuff. It's weird. Germany. Tonight I got two from Russia. Very odd. I don't know people in those places. Oh well.

And since Julie was asking about it, I'm going to clarify... I mentioned another blog where I do booktalks. You will not find my opinions of the books there. This is because we were trained (when I was in library school) not to offer biased booktalks. So, in an effort to have a professional-ish blog, I opted to follow those rules. In fact, several of those entries were actually school assignments from yesteryear that I simply pasted into blogger. So, yeah. My opinion isn't there. But, if you want my opinion on any of them, feel free to ask me. The blurb I write is mostly a synopsis of the book so that people can decide if they want to read it based on the subject or story line. Believe me, I have books I love, books that are okay, and books that are downright boring or not on my favorites list... I just try not to convey that opinion in that particular arena :).

3 comments:

jessica said...

Why aren't you my neighbor?! I LOVE truffles. I think Will tried to buy the young women out of oreo truffles for me this year. Thank goodness for Girl's Camp. I'm sure everyone at your work loved them:)

Are you on goodreads.com?

Cry-Baby

Nilla said...

Jessica -- Yes I am on goodreads :). In fact, we are friends on there... I had been using it as just a list, but last night I went through and 'rated,' with stars, some of the most recent books I've read. I haven't written anything on goodreads about the books, though.

juliebean said...

You have a secret admirer from .. . . . Mother russia. . . . hahaha. Jon always says it with an accent and it makes me laugh. I have family in Germany that may be looking from the link on my page... or maybe it is a man thinking you are a hottie and a half....YOWSER!