Tuesday, January 27, 2009

The Things That Make You Go Hmmm...

To appease Elka, who thought I should include a link to this song, from which I got the title :)...

Okay, I promised Elka I'd be posting. And I started writing, but it wasn't coming out well. So, I'm changing gears. Here are random thoughts I've had recently:

1. Though this is not where I thought I'd be in my life at this time, I do recognize something... It is because of how things turned out that I have a very special relationship with my mom and my dad individually. And it means a lot to me now, as I ponder it and realize it. But I also recognize that one day, it will mean even more to me that I've been able to know my parents the way I know them. I feel like I have a very special and unique relationship with each of them. And so I am thankful for the opportunity. I will always be able to remember driving across the country with my dad and going Panama with him. I will always remember working alongside my mom at the funeral home and being embarassed more than just a little every time she tells someone my name is Hebrew and means "aura around the sun" (not because I dislike my name... but because this draws more attention to me, and I'm not a spotlight-lover) or introduces me as "her librarian." Also, I've had an opportunity to know my nieces and nephews in ways I wouldn't have been able to otherwise. I get to be a big part of their lives, and I get to have them be a big part of mine.

2. Right now I feel like I have too many irons in the fire, so to speak. Really different and strange options sit in front of me, and I am not even sure what to do with them! This will take much pondering and prayer.

And so this was pretty much a pointless post, but thought I'd tell you a couple of the things I think about these days :). Hope you're happy, Elka :).

*Oh, and Elka, Christina, and Tarylyn guessed the movie quote correctly.*

6 comments:

Katherine Ronachert said...

thanks, you clearly are the best!

Katherine Ronachert said...

by the way, i clicked on the title in hopes of hearing the song!

Katherine Ronachert said...

wow! 2 comments already! you must be so popular!

Katherine Ronachert said...

I'm going to call you to find out your options... then i have to go to bed! i'm exhausted@

juliebean said...

well, I am glad elka inspired you to blog. It is always good to know what is going on in that little head of yours. I think I am gonna call you too and hear about these options... like elka... hee hee

Katherine Ronachert said...

thank you darling!