Monday, January 19, 2009

It's Off to Work [I] Go!

Ah yes... So after something like five months of unemployment, I am finally working again. Though not the job I'm trained for, I'm thrilled to have a job in this economy. I'm working part-time at my mom's work doing filing-type things. One thing I really like about the job is that I can pretty much set my own hours. I can get up to 30 hours a week, and I can work them whenever I want. So, if I don't feel like getting up at the crack of dawn (okay, so maybe 8 a.m. isn't really the crack of dawn, but sometimes it feels like it :)), I don't have to! In fact, today I went in at 11. It's also nice to have something to do. And, of course, it's always nice to be earning an income of some sort :).

And really, other than the odds and ends of everyday life, I don't have anything else exciting to report. At least nothing that comes to me. I'm almost done with Breaking Dawn, and have about a bazillion books on my to-read list. I'm excited that Lost is starting back up this week. I thought the most recent episode of The Office was hilarious (we will have to discuss this, Elka). And so yeah... It's really just Nilla Life as usual. I'll be sure to let you know should anything out-of-this world exciting happen, though :).

And though I'm sure we all know it, I feel I should stay true to form and tell you this is a song-title post :).

*And Elka and Virginia have guessed the movie quote correctly.*

12 comments:

Heather said...

Who doesn't know that that quote is from the Princess Bride. Congratulations on the job, even if it's not exactly what you were looking for.

Kira =] said...

ok, i'm almost positive its killed instead of kill, but I could be wrong. Afterall it was you that corrected me on Westley not Wesley. But Princess Bride it is. =]

Kira =] said...

Yay!!! I'm so happy you have a job! I've been worrying for you. And I agree that 8am can feel like the crack of dawn. =]

Katherine Ronachert said...

i got credit for that!
score!
i'm glad you were able to read my my mind! good news for work! hooray!
love ya!
and yes, the office was oh so funny. not so poor angela, huh?

Mrs. S said...

Congrats! That is great news. Oh, the movie is Princess Bride.

Christina said...

Well, first off the movie is The Princess Bride. A great movie. Congratulations on work, & hurry & finish Breaking Dawn, we need to talk about it all together.

Jenny said...

Congrads on the job.

Nilla said...

Okay, okay, so the line is "killed" :). But it always sounds like he leaves off the "-ed" because of his accent. And it sounds cool :). So, I put it up the way it sounds... Hahahah... But, I changed it :).

Kristin said...

yay on the new job! Hoping you like it! Buttercup! The princess Bride is my guess....didn't even look it up. Loved that movie!

Tarylyn said...

princess bride eh?

juliebean said...

the movie is of course the princess bride

Christina said...

Hey, why haven't you published my comment?? i guessed the movie & everything.