Thursday, January 8, 2009

Things I've Done

Okay, I found this list on a couple of people's blogs. So I figure this is a good filler for my blog, since I never do much blogging these days. The things in bold are things I've done:

1. Started your own blog
2. Slept under the stars
3. Played in a band
4. Visited Hawaii
5. Watched a meteor shower
6. Given more than you can afford to charity
7. Been to Disneyland/world
8. Climbed a mountain.
9. Held a praying mantis
10. Sang a solo
11. Bungee jumped
12. Visited Paris
13. Watched a lightning storm at sea
14. Taught yourself an art from scratch
15. Adopted a child
16. Had food poisoning
17. Walked to the top of the Statue of Liberty
18. Grown your own vegetables
19. Seen the Mona Lisa in France
20. Slept on an overnight train
21. Had a pillow fight
22. Hitch hiked
23. Taken a sick day when you’re not ill
24. Built a snow fort
25. Held a lamb
26. Gone skinny dipping
27. Run a Marathon
28. Ridden in a gondola in Venice
29 Seen a total eclipse
30. Watched a sunrise or sunset
31. Hit a home run
32. Been on a cruise
33 Seen Niagara Falls in person
34. Visited the birthplace of your ancestors
35. Seen an Amish community
36. Taught yourself a new language
37. Had enough money to be truly satisfied
38. Seen the Leaning Tower of Pisa in person
39. Gone rock climbing
40. Seen Michelangelo’s David
41 Sung karaoke
42. Seen Old Faithful geyser erupt
43. Bought a stranger a meal in a restaurant
44. Visited Africa
45 Walked on a beach by moonlight
46. Been transported in an ambulance
47. Had your portrait painted
48. Gone deep sea fishing
49. Seen the Sistine Chapel in person
50. Been to the top of the Eiffel Tower in Paris
51. Gone scuba diving or snorkeling snorkeling for me
52. Kissed in the rain
53. Played in the mud
54. Gone to a drive-in theater
55. Been in a movie
56. Visited the Great Wall of China
57. Started a business
58. Taken a martial arts class
59. Visited Russia
60 Served at a soup kitchen
61. Sold Girl Scout Cookies
62. Gone whale watching
63. Gotten flowers for no reason from my nephew Samuel... does that count?
64 Donated blood, platelets, or plasma
65. Gone sky diving.
66 Visited a Nazi Concentration Camp
67 Bounced a check. Not a check, exactly, but I did have my account overdrawn due to a mistake at Troy University. Thank goodness for savings!
68. Flown in a helicopter
69. Saved a favorite childhood toy I still have several of my stuffed animals from childhood
70. Visited the Lincoln Memorial always was something I wanted to do, and it was awesome!
71. Eaten Caviar
72. Pieced a quilt
73. Stood in Times Square On the sidewalk with it in the background...
74. Toured the Everglades
75. Been fired from a job
76. Seen the Changing of the Guards in London
77. Broken a bone does a fractured pinky count?
78. Been on a speeding motorcycle
79 Seen the Grand Canyon in person
80. Published a book
81. Visited the Vatican
82. Bought a brand new car
83. Walked in Jerusalem
84. Had your picture in the paper a couple of times, actually. At least once in Panama (for my salt map of Australia when I was in 2nd grade) and at least 3 times in Dothan (once for my wedding announcement, once for a scholarship from Troy, and once for getting the Outstanding English Award from Troy).
85. Read the entire Bible
86. Visited the White House just the outside, though
87. Killed and prepared an animal for eating
88. Had chickenpox
89. Saved someone’s life
90. Sat on a jury
91. Met someone famous George Bush Sr. and Barbara Bush
92. Joined a book club
93. Lost a loved one
94. Had a baby
95. Seen the Alamo in person
96. Swam in the Great Salt Lake
97. Been involved in a lawsuit
98. Owned a cell phone
99. Been stung by a bee

Wow, I need to get busy! Although, some of the things on this list are things on my Nilla List that I want to do in life. Hopefully one day :).

*Also, Virginia, Mrs. S., Christina, Stacy, and Tarylyn have guessed the movie quote correctly!*

11 comments:

Katherine Ronachert said...

indiana jones...
and i'm so stealing this idea!

Katherine Ronachert said...

are you going to rush off to get stung by a bee?

Nilla said...

Well, I'll probably try really hard! ;). Actually, considering where I've lived and that I haven't gotten stung yet, I'd say I'm pretty good shape!

Christina said...

Well, I've done quite a few of those! I need to tart some blog lists too. You really do have some great ideas...I'm such a copier.

juliebean said...

hey. is the movie one of the indian jones?

Heather said...

Yeah, I'd say your pretty lucky to never have been stung by a bee. Of course, I think I've mainly been stung by wasp instead of bees.

Anonymous said...

how was the game? krm

Anonymous said...

Let's hope you never have to do #87!

Anne

Nilla said...

game was awesome. Will post soon, just not at 1 in the morning, since I have to get up for a church meeting at 7.

And Anne, I totally agree! Would rather not kill and prepare my own food. I like the way it comes packaged in the grocery stores. I might have starved had I been born at a different time. Or been a vegetarian :).

Never been stung by a wasp, either, in my memory. Though have had TONS of mosquito bites. And those are just plain annoying.

Stefanie Nicole Barker said...

Wait...didn't we watch a meteor shower from our apartment in Tuscaloosa? And who cares about the lack of "boldness"? You got winked at by an apostle in the Panama temple, eh? (a polite wink, not a suggestive wink, FYI to everyone else!)

Nilla said...

Stefanie, you make me laugh! You are so clever!

We watched an eclipse from the apartment. I don't remember a meteor shower.