Thursday, January 15, 2009

I Smell Like Strawberry Milk

I'm supposed to be reading Breaking Dawn. I finally finished Harry Potter #5 last night and did start Breaking Dawn (at Christina's absolute demand). I got to page 13... What!?! It was after 1 in the morning! So, I told Christina an hour ago that I was going to spend the next several hours reading the book so I can talk to her about it. I have failed in that endeavor thus far. I was feeling a tad bloggy and thought I should grip that feeling and actually blog for the second time this week :).

Not that I have anything interesting to say. Other than that I smell like Strawberry Milk. You know? The Nestle Quick pink stuff with the pink bunny on the front? And not because I spilled that all over me. It's actually my hair. I bought this shampoo and conditioner (VO5 Moisture Milks) in strawberry scent. And it turns out the smell reminds me of strawberry milk.

And then my sister has this shampoo and conditioner that I have used that is Suave brand called "Ocean Breeze." It reminds me of the smell of the Sunflowers perfume that was popular (at least to me) in the mid-1990s. I had some of that stuff. Anyway, so there are 2 smells I've smelled like lately :).

Isn't it funny how smells can hurl you into a memory? I find it amazing that our minds have those connections. That a smell can make you think of something completely unrelated. Everytime I smell that shampoo and conditioner of my sister's, I think of my old high school days at Balboa High School. I'm not really sure why, but that is the memory connected to the smell. Our minds and bodies are phenomenal.

In other random news... I actually know someone in Panama who is a "big whig" in this academy down there that was founded when the U.S. schools closed. This academy is based on the old DoDDs schools that were there. Anyway, I happened to be particularly annoyed one day about things and emailed this lady with whom my mom used to work and who now is a counselor at the academy and one of its founding members. She emailed me back telling me to submit my resume and stuff and she'd talk to the director about me. Huh. Decisions, decisions.

*And Virginia guessed the movie quote!*

8 comments:

Katherine Ronachert said...

what??? in panama? holy fun and cow!

Christina said...

Nope, Panama isn't an option :) Just because I'd miss you & I'm so very important :P Oh, & my kids would miss you too; well, Desiree would at least. I know what you mean about the VO5 smelling like strawberry Quik :)

the happy thomas family said...

first washington, now panama!? just kidding. holy crow! that's very interesting... should we be keeping our fingers crossed? so you totally need to finish that book, hila! you know you want to. i guess i'm the crazy one... the only one i know who sacraficed a few nights of sleep so that i could read the whole series straight through. hate that you won't be here for our twilight dvd release party... you can send us a box of dirt from forks and we'll forgive you. love you!

Nilla said...

I'm not even sure about that answer myself! It's just something for me to consider... I haven't submitted anything yet. But it's still pretty cool to have someone who'd go to bat for me if I do pursue it.

And I wish I could be there for the Twilight release party too! As it stands, I am hoping to do something with my sister and sisters in law... maybe vampire food theme :). You know me and food!

Tarylyn said...

vampires don't eat food silly..

Christina said...

Stacey, we'll try to get you some dirt from Forks :) if we go, since Hila suggested that we take a trip out there.

Kristin said...

You know I actually have some of that sunflower crap in one of my old caboodles. OM Gosh! I thought about reading that series....I'm just too lazy I guess.

Katherine Ronachert said...

princess box