Sunday, December 14, 2008

The Snow is Coming Down in [My Washington] Town!

I guess when you don't blog much, you can have 3 song-title posts in a row. That's my new rule :). So, I'm so excited to get to use my new song-obsession for this title! Here it is, in case you missed it in my news flash. It sounds kinda folksy, like Simon and Garfunkel.

Okay, so I've had lots of exciting things happen this week. Well, one majorly exciting one, that is currently in the news flash. But, that's my sister's news, so I won't post my pictures until she has done hers. Which might be a while, since she just had a baby ;). But, Emily is cute. And everyone is home and doing well.

Today was a long day, though. For the record, doctors should have the decency to discharge their patients a lot earlier in the day than 6:15 when they (the patient) is good and able to go home. Especially when that patient was told at 8 a.m. by the nurses that she could get her stuff ready to go and change into her regular clothes. So anyway, my mom and I were going to be baking all day, but we ended up only baking tonight after dinner. We got a lot done. I'm sure I'll have pictures tomorrow, after I've gotten everything picture-ready and the rest of the baking done :).... So there I was, heading downstairs at 11 p.m. to get a water out of the fruit room (this huge pantry under the stairs here). I look out the window and what do I see??? (Not popcorn popping on the apricot tree, for those of you singing this tune ;)). A blanket of snow. Totally snow. So cool! Okay, so we had snow in Alabama last year, yes. But not this much. It was so cool. So yeah, I had to grab my camera. I guess we probably got about 1 1/2 inches of snow. Is it done snowing for the night? I don't really know. We'll find out tomorrow. Or later today, since it's technically Sunday. Fresh snow really is pretty. But, I don't have snow tires, so I'm cool if it all melts tomorrow and the weather warms up. We live on a huge hill. Wouldn't be the coolest thing ever to go sliding down it in a car.... Oh, and the other sucky thing about snow? It makes the yard look so pretty and fresh that you totally forget about the dumb dog poop hidden beneath the snow... Until you step in it and get mad. The good thing about the snow in this situation? It froze the dog poop pretty much, so it came off my flip flop without problems when I scraped it on the edge of the cement. The other good news? I have a spare pair of flip flops. The pair in the picture? They're totally going to be washed tomorrow. With or without poop on them, it touched them. It's time for them to get a nice washing. Elka, stop laughing.
My footprints in the snow
Me outside with the first snow

5 comments:

Tarylyn said...

you're so crazy
flipflops in the snow?!?!
does your mother know you dress like that? ;)

Katherine Ronachert said...

lol!
thanks for the laugh! we're having the missionaries over this thurs., so now i'm busy trying to prep for house painting.
love ya!

Heather said...

Congratulations on the new niece. It's funny that you were walking in snow with flip flops on. It's not snowing in Alabama this week. It's going to be in the mid to upper 70's all week.

Mitchell4 said...

Flip flops in the snow? Do you have any Utahn blood in you?
Glad to hear that Mommy and Baby are both healthy and doing well.
That's a really good picture of you by the way. You look great. I remember your post from last year about the snow. I know that there is pretty much no comparison cuz Washington's snow puts Alabama snow to shame. Glad your able to enjoy it minus the dog poop part.

juliebean said...

Flipflops? really Hila!! You know better. I would love to see some real snow. FYI, It does not snow in the sunshine state. Miss ya lots!!!