Thursday, December 18, 2008

[Not] Walking in a Winter Wonderland

It's pretty outside. But I'm not tempting fate twice. There's something like 3 inches of snow in the back yard. *Correction... since I started this 2 hours ago, we've gotten tons more snow. I'd say we got around 7 inches! And the very bottom layer of that is ice. My mom called to tell me she made it to work, but doesn't know if she'll make it home. See... she works on a hill and we live on a hill. And ice and hills don't mix, kind of like ice and high heels :). Anyway, it's still snowing like crazy out there. And like I said, it's pretty. But I'm staying inside where it's nice and warm and snug. And I'll read and watch a movie or something. But, for your enjoyment, this is what it looks like. I tried to take a few pictures to show you how deep the snow is. I'd say we're up to around 6 inches now...
Photobucket
Photobucket

Okay, so since my sister blogged about Miss Emily, I will now share my pictures :). She's so tiny! And, in my opinion, she looks a lot like Nick. Desiree has been a good big sister.

Oh, and let me tell you how sweet Desiree is. Desiree stayed with my mom and me on Thursday after Emily was born so that Nick could rest and be with Christina. So she and I watched Wall-E (which is a totally cute movie, by the way). Here we are, snuggled up and ready to watch the movie on the computer:
Photobucket

Okay, so here are the pictures of Emily, starting with her cute little long feet (click on here to get to the rest of the pictures):
Photobucket

And then, here is a picture of me, Christina, and Desiree on Monday. We had a lovely day together and we had a special "big girl lunch". We had cheeseball and crackers and confetti pinwheels, along with desserts that my mom and I made the day before :). It was just something special to do with Desiree and Christina... to pamper a little bit :).
Photobucket

5 comments:

juliebean said...

i would kill to be up there seeing real snow. You can come down here and wear your sandals and tank tops. it is over 80 down here. One day I will see snow, probably visiting you. :) I love the picture of the sweet feet.

wilkinson family said...

since there's hardly ever sno dow in the south, i'd like to spend an afternoon in all that snow, but no more time than that. lol

my movie guess is back to the futre, but no clue which one.

Mrs. S said...

Cute pictures. I can't believe all the snow. I love how snow makes everything so pretty. At least to me it does. Maybe it makes the world look like a death trap to you!!!

Anonymous said...

yum!
krm
i'll write more later, still painting...

the happy thomas family said...

wish we had some snow... but here i am in sunny florida... even farther away from snow than if i was at home! and how did you like new moon? email me. i have the internet and willing babysitters for a whole week... i've got time, baby! nothing but time! love you!