Friday, August 23, 2013

Flashing Back

Do you ever look back at your blog (if you have one) and see what you were doing this time last year, and the year before, and the year before?

I do.

Probably because I'm way too salty.

Be that as it may.  I do. 

Most of the time, I realize I have become a way boring person.  Because nothing like this happens to me now-a-days.  And I don't plan things like this anymore. 

I don't even write the way I used to. (This one just cracked me up! I'd forgotten about this...)

But sometimes when I look back in the past, I read something I wrote that helps me in the present.  And it makes me super glad I have kept this blog.

The truth is, I'm still going through a rough time.  And I'm hating it.  I'm tired of growing.  I'm tired of the "Refiner's Fire," if that's what this time in my life is. 

My hair is falling out again (pregnancy hormones helped new stuff to grow... but now the new growth is going bye-bye).  Kind of reminds me of some really depressing days in Tuscaloosa.

And I feel absolutely no motivation to lose the rest of the baby weight.  In fact, I think I've gained about 5 pounds back.  Yay me. 

And there are other things that are not so superficial and are more eternally significant.  But that's all I'll say about that.

My trip to Alabama can't come soon enough. 

Don't get me wrong.  It's not motherhood that's bugging me.  I love being Lynnaea's mom.  She is where I find my joy.  The rest of life right now is just me plodding.  And trying to re-apply the lesson I learned from my first year of growing tomatoes.  It's where the hope is.

*The camera is in Lynnaea's room, and she's down for the night.  So I'm not going in there for the camera.  But there will be more cute pictures of my cute sweetheart coming soon!

**It's true that my problems are probably very small compared with those of others...  I'm just venting.

No comments: