Saturday, May 4, 2013

I Think I Waddle

I'm at 37 weeks and 3 days, and I think I officially waddle more than I don't.  Mostly it's when I've been on my feet a lot -- which seems to be often these days.  I've had a busy week and two weekends.  And I have to catch up on several things, including pictures of the first baby shower (last Saturday) and Saria's birthday party (last Saturday).  Alas, I have put them on a disc and deleted them from my memory card -- and I'm too lazy and my feet hurt to much for me to go get the disc at this time.  Plus I don't have any of the pictures from the first shower with people actually in them.  They used my friend Christina's camera, and so I haven't seen the pictures yet.  It was an awesome shower -- and I'll be more descriptive later.  With pictures. 

My other shower is in about an hour.  I'm sitting on my laurels resting right now.  I think I have earned it ;).  See, yesterday was the Ward Activity, and Primary was in charge.  Let me say I have a cold sore from stressing over this.  I'm glad it's done.  What we did:  We had a Basics of Budgeting/Savings "class" for the adults while kids 2 (and a couple 3's who did better there) and under went to nursery and kids 3 to 11 participated in activities such as planting seeds in toilet paper tubes and decorating tithing/savings/spending boxes (which were recycled tissue boxes -- and since we didn't get as many as I'd hoped, I spent all week -- with the much-appreciated help of my sweetie -- dividing these boxes.  Not the funnest times of our lives.  Then every family chose a cleaning assignment for the church building (which took about 20 minutes for the whole building to get cleaned, since there were several families all working at the same time), and then we had a potluck dinner.  I think it was a decent turnout -- and I've gotten pretty good feedback.  Basically we were centering this around Self Reliance and the Value of Work.  What I learned:  I needed more help with the kids and having enough adult supervision.  Nothing bad happened... It was just way more chaos than I pictured (but then, it usually is) and I was pretty overwhelmed.  My feet were done by 8:30 when we got home.  And so was I.  But, I count it a success.  And it's over.  At least for a year :).  Yee-haw.  Jeremy attended the budgeting and savings class.  He said it was nice, because there was a lot of basic stuff, but there was more complex stuff as well, so there was something everyone could take away.  He learned some stuff about investing that he found valuable.  So that's good.  I started yesterday morning at 4:15 when I woke up and started thinking of all I had to do.  So I slept in this morning.  A lot.  Jeremy got up at about 4:30 because he couldn't go back to sleep after my efforts to turn over without a crane woke him up.  (Yes, I'm at that point).  Normally, he'd probably be able to go back to sleep.  But today he was anticipating a hectic day and he wanted to start early with replacing the wheel bearings on my mom's car.  He was supposed to help with a move at 1:00, but that got cancelled.  And that turned out to be a good thing, because things with the car didn't go as easily as he'd hoped (do they ever?).  But he had it done by about 2:45 and had done one small test drive.  Thinking he'd have plenty of time -- and energy, he suggested I pick out plants for the garden, and he'd till it.  So I left and went to the nursery.  We have broccoli, spinach, 2 types of tomatoes, pumpkin, bell peppers, and jalapenos.  They didn't have any acorn or crookneck squash, so I have to go back.  Plus I'm going to start cucumbers, zucchini, and romaine lettuce from seed; like the Primary kids did :).  We'll see if they grow!  So anyway, Jeremy started tilling -- and it was rough!  The garden hasn't been tended in 2 years, so...  So we didn't quite get it finished.  And of course, my abilities right now are pretty limited.  Ergo... We will finish next Saturday.  My job will be to transplant the plants into the ground.  It's about all I can do ;).  But I got some sun!  It's been a beautiful several days here with temperatures now reaching the 70s.

Anyway, so my feet are tired again, hence I'm resting on my laurels so I can be better rested for tonight's baby shower.  Lea is doing a nacho bar.  She knows me so well :).  Hahaha...  Nachos.  Mmmmm.

And what of Baby?  Baby is still head down -- and we don't anticipate that changing.  Everything measures on target.  Blood pressure still very good.  My weight, as always, still bad.  But for some reason the doctor's computer says I've gained 27 pounds.  I say I've gained 35.  I like the doctor's numbers better (but I know they are wrong...).  I'm now officially considered full term, so Baby can decide to arrive any day and all should be well.  Except that I haven't gotten pre-registered at the hospital yet -- that's Tuesday morning.  So I'm trying to tell Baby to wait until at least that afternoon :).  Who wants to fill out paperwork while in labor?  I'm guessing not me...  Oh, and heart rate is about 140 -- which seems to be about average the last couple visits.  I'm running short on time, so I'll stop there and add more in another post.  Hopefully in the next couple days.  This should be my last uber-busy weekend, and I don't think I have any "prep" work for anything during the week.  So I'm going to try to start scaling things back a bit -- and maybe learn the power of "no" (which, if you ever watch Everybody Loves Raymond, there is an episode titled that in the final season that is 100% hilarious). 

But here is my 37 weeks shot and also a picture of me and Jeremy and our cluttered table while we worked on making tithing/savings/spending boxes out of tissue boxes and toilet paper rolls.  And crammed in some mac and cheese (home-made!) at the same time ;). (Please excuse the whale-looking person in the front... that's just me).



2 comments:

the happy thomas family said...

oh, the power of no ... ;)

Unknown said...

Omygoodness Hila you are SO NOT a whale :) I do agree with you, however, on scaling back a bit (on the activities, that is, not the weight!). That weekend sounds busy for me, and I'm not even creating a little human inside of me. I did feel guilty though when I read that you participated in cleaning the church building...I still have never done that once in my life, and I really hope that isn't a question on judgment day :)