Thursday, May 23, 2013

600 Posts and Progress

Okay, so I suppose I could've waited until the baby had arrived to do a 600th post ;).  But where's the fun in that?  Well, actually, there's plenty of fun in that :).  But I decided since I reached 40 weeks (and 1 day), I should post that picture!  So here I am today at 40 weeks and 1 day -- officially overdue. 
Want to hear something weird?  Aside from frequent trips to the bathroom and a little more discomfort in walking at times, I have not felt extremely pregnant.  Sometimes I don't feel pregnant at all!  And then the baby gets wiggly and I feel pregnant again :). 

So I'll keep this brief, because I really don't have all that much to say.  But I did have a doctor's appointment today and we do have progress!  The baby has definitely dropped.  I'm dilated to 2 cm (and the doctor said he could call it 3 if he wanted to stretch it... but I'm fine with 2).  And I'm 75% effaced.  He had me schedule my next appointment for next Tuesday so I could also schedule for a non-stress test for Baby (to make sure the baby is doing fine and can go up to 42 weeks before they induce me, if that becomes necessary).  But he said he doesn't expect to see me in the clinic next week -- he expects to see me in the delivery room before then!  Of course, I have also read plenty that indicate I could still have several days or a week to go -- or more.  So we just sit back and wait on Baby.  But now I know where things stand as of today. 

1 comment:

jessica said...

Yay! I am so excited for you!