Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Laid Back Baby or Laid Back, Baby

Or both.

Just a brief little update to tell you I had another appointment yesterday.  The weight news was much better.  After 3 weeks, I'd gained less than a pound.  Yay!!  Now to stay on track with that.  I have to set another appointment in about 3 more weeks -- they are getting closer together!  Crazy!  I also went to a lactation nurse.  We'll just say that was awkward and leave it at that.  I feel both less nervous and more nervous about breastfeeding after that.  Haha...  But I keep telling myself:  women have done this from the beginning of time, and babies have survived.  So it'll be okay :).

As for Baby-kins...  Everything is on track.  When the doctor was listening for the heartbeat, he said, "Well, you're certainly laid back right now" (referring to me, because my heartbeat was nice and slow and even).  Then he found Baby's heartbeat, and he said, "Well, Baby is laid back too!"  But as soon as he said that, Baby's heart-rate started climbing.  And then Baby kicked.  Haha...  So he said initially the heart rate was around 120 beats per minute, and then, by the end, the baby's heart rate was around 140.  And Baby still seems to be head-down.

So that's the new baby news.  And other than trying to finish up plans for the baby shower I'm hosting this Saturday and doing other church stuff.  And currently waiting for my cinnamon bread to finish it's first rise :).  Hoping it's tasty!  And that's that!

2 comments:

Katherine Ronachert said...

I can't believe how fast time is going! I'm sure it's going faster for you... Again, don't worry so much about your weight :)

Unknown said...

You are such an awesome mom, Hila. Baby isn't even here yet and you're already perfecting some homemade cinnamon bread :) I miss you!