Saturday, March 23, 2013

These Dreams...

Sometimes you dream something, and you decide you need to act on it.

That happened to me today.  And I'll tell you about it.  The dream is in italics.

I'm still working at the County.  And I'm at work.  I'm randomly exploring various cubicles of people (not like snooping, just being in their cubicle).  I realize I need to pee.  (Sorry if saying it so bluntly is uncouth.  But you know... I kinda am sometimes).  So I decide it would be wise to go the bathroom.  And I start walking -- toward the bathroom, I suppose.  Only I end up in the kitchen.  And my boss is in there talking to some random guy I have never seen before.  And I'm irritated, because with them in there, I realize I can't pull my pants down as I'm crawling into the refrigerator to pee.  (I have no idea...).  So I manage to get into the fridge, and I really have to pee.  But I have to pull my pants down.  And I have to lay down in the fridge, of course, because there's not enough room.  And it's really hard to get my pants down in this position with such limited space.  And so I am getting really frustrated and angry.  And hot.  Like this is taking a lot of effort to try to wiggle around in there.  And I really have to pee.  

And I wake up.  And I have to pee.  And I'm really, really hot.  (I get hot when I sleep, especially lately).  So, I decided I probably needed to act on that dream.  I got up and went pee.  And when I got back in bed, I didn't put the covers back on.  I was hot.  Haha...  The only thing I can figure as far as that strange dream of me planning to use the fridge as a potty (as though it was the most normal thing in the world to do...) is that I was hot and my subconscious somehow decided a refrigerator was a good place to go to cool off...?  Maybe?  Who knows.  I laughed about this dream.  And so did Jeremy when I told him about it.

I had another dream a few weeks back where the baby was moving a lot and the more the baby moved, the more transparent my stomach was, and I could actually see the baby's form.  And then I could completely see the baby.  And it was a girl, and she bore an uncanny resemblance to my sister when she was a baby.  And even had pierced ears.  Weird, huh?

Well, now that I've sucked you in with my wacko dreams...  I'll torture you with more news about pregnancy.  Hahaha.  And other stuff.  As promised, here is the glider we got:
It irritates me when blogger uploads these pictures sideways for no rhyme or reason.  Sorry about that, but whatever.  I don't know how to rotate it.  But you get the gist.  I'm pretty satisfied with it (the glider) :).

A lady from church stopped by Wednesday and dropped off a box full of baby stuff.  3 packs of jumbo pack pampers diapers (sizes 1 & 2), 2 blankets (one pink, one green), 4 sleep & play outfits, 5 other outfits of different sizes, and a box of wipes.  She is a wonderful lady, and I've had the opportunity to work with her when I was in Relief Society, and now in Primary.  She and her husband are very generous, and she always likes to bring all the Primary kids a treat on the holidays.  Anyway, I thought it was really sweet of her, and I totally didn't expect it!

I will have back-to-back (2 Saturdays in a row) baby showers.  April 27 and May 4.  Crazy!  And by then, I'll only have 3 to 4 weeks to go!  Ack!  We haven't registered, and we probably won't.  We are lame like that.  But I figure things like diapers are always necessities, and you don't really need to register for them...  I took a gift to a baby shower last Saturday, and got stuff off her registry.  One of the items was nursing pads.  When I brought them home to wrap them, Jeremy saw them, and he was like, "What are these!?!"  So then he read the box and got quite the education on a pregnancy "must-have" if you don't want an embarrassing moment and are planning on breast-feeding.  Ah yes... This is going to be an adventure indeed.  Because truthfully, though I am fully aware of things like nursing pads, I hadn't given one iota of thought to them.  And now I'm contemplating whether or not I want a breast pump.  Decisions, decisions.  Aren't you glad I shared ;)?

And ah, yes...  Today was our 1 year anniversary :)!  This has been a wonderful year.  To celebrate, we had linner (late lunch, early dinner) at The Olive Garden.  We like to miss the crowds :).  We actually really enjoyed our meal of unlimited salad and breadsticks, bruschetta appetizer, and I got the Garlic Tuscan Chicken while Jeremy got 4 Cheese Ziti al Forno (whatever that is...).  It was a lot of food, but they have this deal going right now, so we went for it.  And it was good!  And Jeremy can eat a lot of food -- even when I can't :(.  I told him that we needed to take a picture on our anniversary.  So this is what I got :).  He was headed outside to work on something, hence the headlight ;).  Yeah, we're pretty much done for the day, so we are all pj'd up. 
It was a great day, though :).  Baby has been active a lot.  We feel like we got stuff accomplished, and we got to enjoy a nice meal out to celebrate our special day :).  One down...  And to infinity and beyond!  :). 

And P.S...  Did I mention this was a song title post?  Oops :).

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I know that song! And yes, I've also considered trying to explain breast pumps and pads to Brady, but for now, I think I'll just leave him in ignorant bliss :)