Tuesday, October 6, 2009

I Declare

...that I have the awesomest sister in the world. Christina is a sweetheart. She got me my birthday present early, because she saw Daffy Duck's Quackbusters on DVD at Best Buy. What an awesome memory from our childhood. What a wonderful sister who is always thinking of the people she loves. And who is so excited to get it to me that she drives all the way to the funeral home and gives it to me :). I do love her.

...that I am getting old. I noticed the other day in the mirror that there are lines under my eyes that are unrelated to lack of sleep. No, these lines are perpetually there. I'm not sure when they even appeared. Furthermore, my hair continues to turn silver and sometimes my knees pop after I've been sitting for a while. This never used to happen in my youth. I look at Desiree and see her line-less skin and don't hear any popping coming from her joints when she does all sorts of weird movements. So again I ask: when did I get old!!!??? :) :) :)

....that on a related note, my mom cracks me up. The other day she said, in relation to getting old: "The way I see it, everyone born the same year as I was is either my same I age or dead." Hahahaha... True story. I love it. My mom sometimes comes up with some doozies out of the blue.

...that working with fun people is awesome. I think I say this frequently, but it bears repeating. Never a dull moment goes by at the funeral home. Never does a day go by when I don't think that having a recorder to record just one day would be hilarious.

...that the travelling is simply the means to the end. I'm tired of flying and airports and packing. But I'm always so excited to get to where I'm going. Too bad to get to where I'm going, I have to travel ;).

...that I love to have a busy week. I seem to get more done when my life is busy than when it's not.

...that volunteering at a high school library is only adding more books to my "to-read" list. And that list isn't having things marked off very often these days. If only I could read faster :).

...that sometimes life is a great school. We learn so much just by the things that happen to us. For whatever reason, I am experiencing things now that have made me decide things for my own future. For example, I will be debt-free. I always knew it was important to be debt-free for myself. Now I know it's important that I be debt-free for those around me -- especially my children, should I ever have any.

...that I have far too many things to cross off my "to-do" list, so I must end this blog post. It wasn't an exciting one anyway :). Just me blabbering so I can say I blogged :). And cross that item off my to-do list :).

2 comments:

Elizabeth said...

You've got mail!

jessica said...

I do declare...that you're not old, because that would in fact implicate myself as well;) If you are looking for places to travel, might I suggest San Diego;)
You've Got Mail