Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Dueling Pianos and Other Stuff

Okay, so as promised, here are some details to some of the things I mentioned in the last post.

First of all, let me put up these pictures of these sweet babies. This is about a month old, and kids grow and change so fast. But here are Desiree and Emily :).
Desiree

Desiree and Emily

Have I mentioned that Emily growls? It is the most hilarious thing! It's amazing how I miss these babies when I don't see them for a while.

Okay, so onto the dueling pianos. So Robin (my boss) had purchased a table for 10 at this Dueling Pianos function. Then he forgot about it, until the day of the event. So he was trying to find 10 people to fill those 10 slots. Well, loser that I am... I didn't have anything else going on :). Hahaha, kidding. There were a million things I could have done. But this seemed like a pretty cool thing. So I said I could go. In the end, the table was Robin, me, John, Bob and his wife, Mary and her husband, Sean, and Ken and his wife. The food was really expensive, so I didn't order anything there. I just enjoyed the entertainment and sang... really loudly! In fact, Sean and Mary and I are discussing planning a karaoke night! Woohoo!! That would be a blast. I wonder if I have the guts to get up and sing, alone, in front of everyone! At least at dueling pianos, everyone was singing loudly :). Anyway, we could request any song we wanted. I requested one of my all-time favorites: The Safety Dance. (I don't know why this is one of my favs, but it is...). I have to give the guy and gal who were playing credit. They actually attempted the song. I don't think the song is really conducive to piano-playing. But they at least tried it :). So that was cool. They played all sorts of stuff. And Mary and I sang our hearts out. So did Sean, actually. Which is why we are thinking of karaoke in the near future. That will be a blast. Anyway, it was a great time. We all cut out about 10:30, since both Mary and I had to work the next day. And yeah, so we were tired. But it was so fun! And we laughed about the possibility of me losing my voice and having to answer the phone that way the next day. And how dignified that would be ;). So here are a couple of pics:
Me and Robin
That's me and Robin

Mary and Sean
This is Sean and Mary on the side.

Me and Mary
And here are me and Mary... A.K.A. the 80s music divas of the night :).

The animals of the serengeti conversation.... Ah yes. Now that one was priceless and, really, you had to have been there. But let's just say it started with one lady at work telling a guy at work that, in order to help his back, he should do kegels. And somehow it ended up with us saying we were discussing animals of the serengeti. And it wasn't a lie. Hahahahaha.... PRICELESS. I swear I wish we could tape some of our work conversations. Needless to say, we were busting a gut laughing. My mom was laughing so hard her face was red. It was a great day. We had another hilarious conversation today, but I don't even remember all of it. I just know that when you leave me, my mom, Sue, and Mary together for long, it's going to be a great conversation. We laugh so much at work.

Oh, I started volunteering this week. I spent 3 hours at the high school on Monday. Right now, I am updating their book lists. And finding books I want to read. Not good. Since I can't keep up with the list of books I have to read as it is!!! I'm still working on Deja Dead, and I'm not even halfway through. But that's what I get when I decide to blog instead of read!!!

Anyway, so I guess that's about it for now. I think I'll have a busy several days here as I get ready for my trip to the South. Woohoo! I'm totally excited :).

2 comments:

jessica said...

Dueling Pianos...I like it! What a great way to spend an evening. If you do karaoke, you should post some video. It's only fair right;)

Quote: Ferris Bueller's Day Off

Katherine Ronachert said...

so classic nilla! love you!