Monday, September 21, 2009

Hila-Lights

Okay, so I'm a lame blogger. I have no excuses. But let me apologize to Jessica, who guessed the movie quote correctly last week, but I never acknowledged it, because I never even logged in to Blogger... So, I'm leaving the movie quote up for another week. It's only one of the greatest movie quotes of all time :).

So, from recent weeks, these are the highlights -- or the Hila-lights :).

*I got pulled over for the first time ever. My luck finally ran out on that whole "my back right brakelight and blinker aren't working" thing. I'd say I had a good run, since I'd been driving my car (a lot) over the past year like that. I know, I know... So irresponsible of me. The good news is that John fixed it and it cost me a total of $25. And since the Buick dealership was quoting me $200 for a whole new light assembly, I'm thinking I got a really, really great deal on that.

*I am going to start volunteering at a high school library about 20 minutes from here. This may lead to a job down the road, but then again, it may not. Either way, it's something to do that will get me back into the world of libraries.

*I spent last Tuesday with Christina, Desiree, and Emily. Emily has learned a new game: pass around. And because we are such big suckers, we think it is absolutely adorable when she holds her little arms out, so we play along.

*Samuel is in kindergarten this year and loving it. And Saria is doing well in 2nd grade. I cannot believe how big these kids are getting. Benjamin is still at home all the time, but he is talking more and more and is more intelligible.

*My grandfather has been put on Hospice, so a lot is changing in the house.

*I am walking still, but it isn't doing me any good. But then, neither is the fact that people always bring treats to share at work...

*I went and saw The Time Traveler's Wife and Post-Grad the other night. I liked them both, though the former is not one I'd own, simply because it was a little bittersweet. The second one I don't know if I'd own either, but it was pretty funny. I didn't even know what it was about. I mostly went so I could see The Time Traveler's Wife. I'm going to read the book soon... After I finish Deja Dead by Kathy Reichs.

*I'm getting ready for my 4th and final trip to the South this year for April's wedding!! I'm very excited. It's coming up fast.

*I'm applying for a part-time librarian position in the area. Not getting my hopes up, but giving it a shot anyway. Either way, I'm still liking my job, so I can't really complain.

*I wish I was more motivated to write. I've been wanting to write a book for a while now. I have ideas all through my crazy head. I just need to get motivated. Part of it is I want to get a laptop. I need to start saving toward that. I need to put that on a list :). Hahaha...

Well, I guess those are some good high-lights for now. There are probably tons more I could write, but I can't think of them at the moment.

7 comments:

Elizabeth said...

Dirty Dancing

Mitchell4 said...

Yay for John and you only having to pay $25. Sue-weet.
I hope everything works out for you with the Librarian job.
I hear the Time Travelers book is soo much better than the movie. Let me know how it goes.

Mrs. S said...

My best friend's wedding!

juliebean said...

helps to have a good man around to do those manly things.... like change out car parts... I know that is why i got married.... that and to have someone to kill the bugs. :)

Katherine Ronachert said...

crap, patrick swayze... jennifer gray... what is that?
dirty dancing...
yes, score one for me!

Katherine Ronachert said...

did i tell you that i LOVE your title? oh to be so creative1

Lysha said...

Awe, how cool! I have been wanting to see "The Time Travelers Wife" for a while. It looked really cute from the previews. But, then again, you know how previews are SO misleading lately.. We'll have to talk more about it when you come up. or down. however you would like to think of it as. ;)