Friday, December 14, 2007

So Much to Do... So Little Time!

I have really felt like there is no time to get stuff done lately. Ick. I'll tell ya what... having a full-time job at a place other than home is certainly inconvenient at times!! Okay, for me, that would be all the time :). However, I do like the bi-weekly paychecks, and I do like being able to eat and take hot showers. So I guess I'll just tolerate the whole "I have to go into work" thing :). What's really crazy is that I have gotten off early two days so far this week (today will make the 3rd day), and I still can't seem to get everything done!

Yesterday, after work, I went straight to the bank to deposit the check Stefanie wrote me for her half of the power bill. Then I went to pay the power bill (plus the $40 to put the stupid account in my name, since the girl who previously lived with Stefanie had it in her name and then left...). Fun. Then I went home and picked up one of my picture CDs and went to Walgreens to have two 8x10 pictures made (this is part of Christmas for my dad and my grandparents). I think I'm going to have to start going to Walgreens more often for pictures. It took all of 5 minutes once I placed my order. They quote a much longer time, of course, but the guy behind the counter verbally told me that the paper was loaded already, so it shouldn't be but 5 minutes. That's a lot more convenient than killing an hour in Wal-Mart. And yes, I know you pay a higher price, but sometimes not hassling with Wal-Mart and its crowds is worth the extra cost. I wonder if Walgreens would consider that one picture I posted a while back as "unprintable due to copyrighted photos in the background"??? Hmmm... Maybe I'll try that one day. My only issue with Walgreens is that they print the glossy prints. And not that I don't like the way they look (because, actually, these pictures came out better quality than the ones I had done at Wal-Mart), it's just that they show finger prints so much more easily...

After Walgreens, I went home again and wrapped a few presents while I waited for my visiting teachers to get there. One of them got lost, so just the other one came to visit this time. It was nice to get to know her, but probably she won't be around much longer, since she has graduated.

Oh, and speaking of school... Grades came in. I got all A's. Yay! Now April and I can celebrate the end of a semester, the getting of good grades (she got A's too), and Christmas when we have our "Girls' Night" tonight. Woohoo! But I digress.... (Are you really surprised?)

At 6:30, we had a Relief Society enrichment thing. We had dinner (I had some kind of corn chowder soup with ham or something in it... it was very good, 3 pieces of bread (1 double-corn muffin and 2 home-made yeast rolls... oh those were sooo good), a mini cheesecake thing, and a piece of triple-chocolate cake). And there was beautiful singing and presentations by some of the women in the ward. It was a beautiful and uplifting night in which we were reminded of the reason for Christmas, and we were also given the opportunity to perform acts of service for a sister in the ward by writing a service down on an ornament that we would be willing to do, and then hang the ornament on the tree. Then each sister got to pick an ornament. I will be cooking dinner and dessert for a family next Wednesday, since they are moving shortly and have two children under the age of 3 and are very busy. And at the end, we did a cookie swap. We made 2 plates: one for ourselves and one for someone else. I brought my second plate to work with me today and gave it to Le. Yesterday she shared with me that their family pet that they had had for 15 years died earlier in the week. He had stomach cancer. She cried as she told me yesterday, and I just felt like, though it's not really significant to give a plate of cookies, that maybe they would help her to know she has people who think of her. And a plate of homemade goodies can usually brighten a day, right? So I explained it to her this morning as I gave her the plate... and she cried. I didn't want to make her cry, so I felt bad about that. But she hugged me, and I just wanted her to know that she is thought of.

After the program last night, Stefanie and I returned home and I finished wrapping presents and packed the box up. So now all I have to do is go mail it (after I buy some box tape... I forgot that little detail - darn it). So that's on my list for this afternoon. As is getting my oil changed. I wonder how long it will take to get my oil changed...

Well, I think I'm about out of things to say. Oh! Here's a picture from NYC that my cousin took with her camera. I guess this will chronicle my trip to Jamba Juice, since I didn't take any pictures there ;). Anyway, I stole the picture off her blog :). And I actually like how I look in this picture ;).

3 comments:

Katherine Ronachert said...

thief i am reporting you to the bloggers picture stealing association. ha ha ha!

Katherine Ronachert said...

ok so funny that you gave her a plate of cookies. doesn't it seem like anytime something goes wrong or something rocks the boat, that we, as mormons, give food. my sisters think that i'm a wacko because, for example, when diane went to the hospital, i asked if she wanted me to bring them dinner. anyway, it just makes me laugh!

April said...

Woo-hoo!!! Yay to good grades, yay to the end of the semester and yay to our slumber party!!! Courtney and I are really excited! See ya tonight!