Tuesday, December 18, 2007

Post Ideas Through Blog-Stalking

Okay, I have gotten into the very bad habit of what has been termed 'blog-stalking'. This is when you click onto the blogs of people you don't even know and read about their lives. What can I say? I confess... I'm guilty. However, I know I'm not the only one. (Yes, this lame excuse holds no water.... "but so-and-so was doing it..."). I know that other people do this, because I know there's someone in Wisconsin who repeatedly visits my blog. And, for the record, I don't know anyone in Wisconsin. And I totally don't mind that someone I don't know likes to return to my blog. I hope it's entertaining. I think it's pretty neat. Although I've probably scared them away, now that I've mentioned them. Haha ;).

But anyway, through blog-stalking, I have found some good ideas for posts in case I come upon a day when nothing exciting is really happening. And today is one of those days. I will fill you in quickly on the goings-on of my life, but it's nothing earth-shattering. Okay, we had a Christmas Party for the libraries on campus yesterday. That was okay. Nothing too terribly exciting. Also, I watched Ratatouille last night while drinking hot chocolate. That is a very cute movie. So that was my exciting day. Like I said, nothing really blog-worthy. And you know how I love to write and torture you with novel-length posts.

Okay, so this is the first thing I got from blog-stalking. It is a list (and we all know how I adore lists). You can find the whole list here: List

I don't know who is responsible for the list, but I love lists. Anyway, the following are the books I've read from the list. Those in italics are books I own, but have not yet read, but I figure I own them, so I will read them one day ;).
  1. The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-Time – Mark Haddon
  1. The Poisonwood Bible – Barbara Kingsolver
  1. A Prayer for Owen Meany – John Irving
  1. Beloved – Toni Morrison
  1. The Lover – Marguerite Duras
  1. The Name of the Rose – Umberto Eco
  1. The Hitchhiker’s Guide to the Galaxy – Douglas Adams
  1. Catch-22 – Joseph Heller
  1. To Kill a Mockingbird – Harper Lee
  1. Lord of the Flies – William Golding
  1. Invisible Man – Ralph Ellison
  1. The Catcher in the Rye – J.D. Salinger
  1. Nineteen Eighty-Four – George Orwell
  1. Cry, the Beloved Country – Alan Paton
  1. Animal Farm – George Orwell
  1. The Grapes of Wrath – John Steinbeck
  1. Of Mice and Men – John Steinbeck
  1. Their Eyes Were Watching God – Zora Neale Hurston
  1. Absalom, Absalom! – William Faulkner
  1. The Sound and the Fury – William Faulkner
  1. The Great Gatsby – F. Scott Fitzgerald
  1. Ulysses – James Joyce
  1. Heart of Darkness – Joseph Conrad
  1. The Turn of the Screw – Henry James
  1. The Adventures of Sherlock Holmes – Sir Arthur Conan Doyle
  1. The Mayor of Casterbridge – Thomas Hardy
  1. The Adventures of Huckleberry Finn – Mark Twain
  1. Treasure Island – Robert Louis Stevenson
  1. Return of the Native – Thomas Hardy
  1. Crime and Punishment – Fyodor Dostoevsky
  1. The Scarlet Letter – Nathaniel Hawthorne
  1. Wuthering Heights – Emily Brontë
  1. The Pit and the Pendulum – Edgar Allan Poe
  1. Frankenstein – Mary Wollstonecraft Shelley
992. Don Quixote - Miguel de Cervantes

Well, that's kind of sad. I guess I need to get in gear and read some more!!! Well, I guess I will put the other post idea I got from blog-stalking up tomorrow. Because this one turned out long enough :). But now you know what I have read off of someone's list of 1001 books to read before I die. I guess I can't die for a LONG LONG LONG time to come ;). Just kidding, I know that's not how it works :). Oh, and I do read a lot. Just not books on this list. Trust me, I have a very long list (very long) of books I've read since 2000. But it mostly consists of popular fiction, and therefore not many of them are going to be found on lists of "classics" or "classics-types."

And, just for a Christmas-y picture:


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi. Love the posting. Now a couple of things about yesterday's posting: Need the recipe for the pinwheels; it sounds soooo good. Also, the music for Love Actually was a song that I loved back in the 60's...It is so romantic!!! ;-)Love, Aunt Hila (have to post this anonymously because I can't remember my password).

Nilla said...

Recipe is on its way to your email. And yeah, that song was originally done by the Troggs (you can find this one on youtube also), but I like the version I posted :). Even if it wasn't the original :). Love you!

juliebean said...

I am totally guilty of blog stalking myself. It is really neat to see what other people are blogging about. When I find a good one, I go there every so often and see what is happening in their world. You are not alone........