Friday, December 28, 2007

Visiting the 'Bean

Haha... Yeah, so I drove down to Julie's on Wednesday. I got here around 2:00 EST. I have decided that my time limit in a car is 4 hours. At least when I'm by myself. Otherwise it's just too long!!! Of course, I already showed you the pictures of Julie and Alysha opening their presents from me. Well, here's what happened: I was desperately trying to find something for Julie's birthday. Alysha sent me to Carlton Cards looking for a specific thing (a tea pot type thing). Well, wouldn't you know it? Carlton Cards in Dothan was sold out! But I found 2 other perfect gifts! Well, Julie had previously told me that she had found the perfect Christmas present for me. That she was so excited about it. And it wasn't until after I got home to my dad's that it ocurred to me that we might have found each other the very same perfect gift!!! And, wouldn't you know it... We did! But I think it's really neat anyway. Because now we both have one. So here we are with our "friendly" pea pods (Julie and I have always referred to ourselves as the pea friends).

So there we are with our pea pods. I also got Julie one of these:

Of course, I also got one for myself so that we could each have one. You know... To go along with the s'mores story. I thought it was perfect. And this was my final present for her. This was a lot of fun to make. And if you look closely, you can see Julie and Hila through the years... Oh, and we're going to put our pea picture inside the frame.

Okay, so now fo some funny stories. So, on Wednesday, I went with Julie and Alysha to Alysha's gymnastics class. At first, we just dropped Alysha off so we could run to WinnDixie to pick up ingredients for the enchiladas Julie was making for dinner. So there are me and Julie, standing in front of tortillas on the Mexican aisle, pondering which tortillas would be correct (8-inch versus 10-inch tortillas). So this guy walks down the aisle and I noticed his shirt had a nametag, so I figured he worked there. He says, "Are you ladies finding everything okay?" Julie answers, "Yes, thank you." I kind of smile and go back to what I was doing (which was pondering the tortillas). And once the guy is far enough away, Julie starts laughing. I said, "What?" And she shakes her head and keeps on laughing. I say, "Why are you laughing?" And she says (as she laughs), "Well, he wasn't talking to me!" So Julie just keeps on laughing about this, saying, "He was staring you down" and "the fat pregnant woman got completely ignored" for the rest of our WinnDixie trip. And then she tells Jon about it yesterday morning. Only by now, she has decided to share with Jon that this guy's name was Tom, he is a manager of the WinnDixie, and that he was pretty cute. I don't know where I was, because I certainly didn't get that much information from our little exchange. And I was seriously oblivious to this Tom's stares in my direction. Haha... I had a mission: to figure out the tortilla situation. Apparently nothing else really mattered.

We came home after Alysha's gymnastics and we ate dinner, watched "Friends" episodes and ate enchiladas. Then we all played Catch Phrase Jr and that was very fun! Okay, at one point, Julie and I were on a team and I was trying to get her to say the phrase "can of corn". So I started with "blank on the cob" and she got "corn" pretty quickly. So then I'm like, "Okay, what does it come in at the grocery store? And she's like "a bag" and I'm like, "what else?" And she's not getting it. So I'm like, "it's on the shelf. It's round." And she goes "TUBE!! Tube of corn!" Needless to say, time ran out before she got can. Ah Julie... Tube of corn. Oh, and I think somewhere in there she was guessing "bottle." Which she could NOT guess later when Jon wanted her to guess bottle. He had to make her say "bottle opener" and so he got her back to "can opener" and then said, "but what is it if it's made of glass?" And she goes, "A glass can opener?" Priceless... And we ate some ice cream, which Julie and I had bought at WinnDixie. I had some of each flavor: Loaded Cookies and Cream and Loaded Chocolate Peanut Butter Cup. Yum. We stayed up until about midnight just having a grand old time :). Alysha was my bed buddy. And the cat. Which only licked itself when it was sitting by my head. So I had to keep moving him down by my feet, because that was annoying.

I woke up first on Thursday, so I blogged while everyone else slept. Trying to play catch-up and all of that :). Once we got ready to go (which we didn't feel particularly rushed to do... We finally were all dressed and ready at about 1:00), we headed into town. We stopped to eat at 5 Guys Famous Burgers and Fries. Those were some delicious hamburgers! So here we all are (sorry the sun was in the way and so we are kinda dark!). Oh and the second picture is of me and Jon outside with the sign.



Once we were done eating, we went into Ocala and went to PetSmart, Barnes & Noble and Coldstone Creamery (in Jon's HUGE truck). Julie had a bunch of coupons for free ice cream, so really... can you say no to that??? I got the flavor called "All Lovin' no Oven". Oh my goodness... Now that was heavenly. Cake batter ice cream (can you go wrong with this? NOOOO!!!) with fudge, whipped cream, and cookie dough. Delicious. Alysha made her own and got cake batter with oreos, fudge, and brownie. She said hers was a mite bit too chocolatey with all that brownie.
We got back home and just lounged around (trying to digest all that bad-for-you-food we'd just consumed). We watched "Home Alone" and some episodes of "Scrubs" and then we played Taboo Jr. That was fun too!!! And once again, we stayed up until midnight. And today's a big day. We're going to take pictures with the Blues Brothers. So be looking ahead to that :).

P.S. All pics (except the s'mores one) in this post are clickable!!! Yay!

Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I LOVE 5 Guys Burgers & Fries!! One just opened here in Ewing, NJ, close by my job. WOW! Those burgers are out of this world. Love ya, Aunt Hila

Mrs. S said...

I didn't know you were moving to Washington! Man have I been out of it! I love reading your blog!

Katherine Ronachert said...

i plan on hitting that place before we leave.